Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Fluorescein Sodium

^^

Chemical and physical properties
Fluorescein under UV illumination

The fluorescence of this molecule is very high, and excitation occurs at 494 nm and emission at 521.

Fluorescein has a pKa of 6.4 and its ionization equilibrium leads to pH-dependent absorption and emission over the range of 5 to 9. Also, the fluorescence lifetimes of the protonated and deprotonated forms of fluorescein are approximately 3 and 4 ns, which allows for pH determination from non-intensity based measurements. The lifetimes can be recovered using time-correlated single photon counting or phase-modulation fluorimetry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescein

It goes for around 1$ a gram, but maybe we can get alot of these in a GB's for much cheaper.
I am looking for about 20-30 grams.

-Ranged

Last edited:

I have a bottle of concentrate in the laundry room rangedunits, bring me a little bottle and I'll pour ya a few dozen mls no charge pal! -Glenn
1758-sodium-florescene-concentrate.jpg

Last edited:
You have it in liquid form?

Keep the diode from the lpf raffle, i have no use for it.

I added a pic!

It's so concentrated a BR laser only penetrates about 1 inch. -GH

Last edited:
Doesn't it should look orange if its concentrate?
mine was orange when i pourred too much powder

Depends on several things, here it is shown with a 3/4 W 365nm LED light. -GH

Last edited:
Alright, remember the toxic barell i sent you a while ago?

If its still laying around, you can use it, but the seal sucks so i don't know...tape around it if possible.

^^

Fluorescein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It goes for around 1$ a gram, but maybe we can get alot of these in a GB's for much cheaper.
I am looking for about 20-30 grams.

-Ranged

Sodium Fluorescin can be found in quite pure form inside yellow-green highlighters. Get a big highlighter let the dye from the highlighter concentrate and add Alcohol, problem sloved.

I have used this exact method for making a UV pumped Dye laser. It worked well! I used Ethyl Alcohol as the solvent.
I think your solution needs to be thinner. --- this is why I suggest using Alcohol!