Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for brave laserists to test the boost driver

Bbe

I finished this project about 2 years ago, but it never got mass manufactured due to my laziness. I thought it was time to give it second life.

What I want to do: I will send this driver to some of you so that you can use it in your project. Then you will come back to this thread and leave your negative feedback. You do not need to do any measurements or something else, just share your impressions and experience of use. This will help me decide on the future of this driver.

Some features and specs:
Protects the battery from over-discharge (2.8V cut-off)
Active protection against battery polarity reversal
Can be operated by a low current switch (EN pin)
PWM anf PFM modes*
Input voltage 2.9-4.2V
Max input current 5A
Max output voltage 5.5V
Max output current 3A, can be set from 0 to max
Max output power 13W (2.6A@5V or 3A@4.4V)
*load f.voltage can be lower than battery voltage

The battery should be capable of delivering at least 5A without significant voltage drop, e.g. vape series 18650.

ACS3000BT.1.jpg ACS300BT.jpg

If anyone builds 1W green laser and wants to participate in this test, post a message here. I think 3-5 testers will be just fine.
Combining shipping is very welcome!

Are these the same as the two sent me? I haven't tested them yet but I certainly can.

PXL_20210212_194948261.jpg

Giannis_TDM

I finished this project about 2 years ago, but it never got mass manufactured due to my laziness. I thought it was time to give it second life.

What I want to do: I will send this driver to some of you so that you can use it in your project. Then you will come back to this thread and leave your negative feedback. You do not need to do any measurements or something else, just share your impressions and experience of use. This will help me decide on the future of this driver.

Some features and specs:
Protects the battery from over-discharge (2.8V cut-off)
Active protection against battery polarity reversal
Can be operated by a low current switch (EN pin)
PWM anf PFM modes*
Input voltage 2.9-4.2V
Max input current 5A
Max output voltage 5.5V
Max output current 3A, can be set from 0 to max
Max output power 13W (2.6A@5V or 3A@4.4V)
*load f.voltage can be lower than battery voltage

The battery should be capable of delivering at least 5A without significant voltage drop, e.g. vape series 18650.

View attachment 71744 View attachment 71745

If anyone builds 1W green laser and wants to participate in this test, post a message here. I think 3-5 testers will be just fine.
Combining shipping is very welcome!
If you want, I can test it but not in a build setting, I prefer to take measurements of every aspect of it. Got a recently calibrated 1054Z and I will soon be getting in the mail a 6.5 digit keithley programmable DMM.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh my gosh a high power boost driver with a pin for a low power switch! I'll buy one right now. I've been needing this for years. I have bought a lot of flashlights in the past in hopes of making kits out of them to sell. A lot of them have a low power switch to turn the flashlight circuitry on and off. I've tried to get a few people to design me an on off circuit for it but they never pulled through but this driver does it all. Please send me your paypal address. I'll order one right now

Bbe

2 years ago CDBEAM777 got a 5A boost driver with built-in electronic switch , it's much more useful than just the Enable Pin that almost all my drivers have.
laserpointerforums.com/threads/the-supercar-edc-build.105669

DSC_1015.jpg 000002.jpg

Surprised that this is incredible technology :)

Seems to be yes

Thanks, but all measurements have been taken. I am primarily interested in the user experience of laserpointer builders

Russia
Well, I build lots of laser pointers so I will test them out.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh yeah I remember that thread. I asked cdbeam about it at one point. I'm just glad we're getting drivers again. Ever since lazeerer left we haven't had such a large assortment in a good while

Count me in. Would be great if the power output could be increased to at least 5amps with heat sinking. Maybe even a round pcb as well.

Bbe

Count me in.
PM Sent
at least 5amps with heat sinking.
There are some technical complications, such as power delivery for the driver. The input current can exceed 10A and the requirements for spring terminals are very high. I have not yet solved this problem for a cheap.

Please, Keep all transactions and addresses on PM's
I'm sorry, I haven't explored all the buttons on this forum yet 🤯

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I want to do a 1W+ 405 build but that 5.5V maximum output voltage is a bit too low. :-(