Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for aperture window

While messing around with my WL Spyders I noticed my older Arcitc has a different "100%" lens than my newer one. Compared side by side you'll notice the left one reflects the true white color of my ceiling light while the right one has a bluish AR coating hue to it.

Sypder-lens-compare.jpg

Doing some power tests I found the laser produces 753mW without any cap installed but that gets chopped to 680mW (nearly 10% loss) with the non AR coated cap while losses with the AR coated cap are almost negligible.

Without-cap.jpg

With-cap.jpg

Ive tried my best to look for AR coated lens on ebay and thor labs but I must not know exactly what im looking for or not using the correct search terms. Does anyone have a good idea of what this piece of glass would be called or a good place to get one? Its 1mm thick, 20mm in diameter and perfectly flat (no magnification)

Thanks!

Try " 20mm AR coated laser window " LOL you knew what it was when you put " window " in the title of this thread.:)

Last edited:
Try " 20mm AR coated laser window " LOL you knew what it was when you put " window " in the title of this thread.:)
R.jpg

^This is me right now lol

I think it came down to a case of staring at the problem for so long the obvious solution wasn't apparent. I tried, glass, HR, AR, OC, broadband, narrow band, lens, high pass, low pass, but not once did I think about windows until I came here and needed a title for the thread.

I ordered an ebay window and one from Edmundoptics

Thank you RedCowboy!

Last edited:
You can find all kinds of things online if you're creative with the search wording.
Just remember, never give up, never surrender.

1691971860732.jpeg