Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer.com Trouble

ixfd64

Some of our forum members also make high-quality DIY lasers. I'm not sure if the "big players" are still selling 405 nm lasers as they seem to have moved on to 445 nm ones, but I'd check the Laser Pro Shop and the B/S/T boards.

Last edited:

also keep in mind that member built lasers are going to go up in price soon since two of our big suppliers shut their doors this month :cryyy:

mohgasm........he was my go to for drivers and now that clif is gone as well, drivers are scarce! of the top of my head i can only think of SL and those sell for $20+ when i used to get them from Moh for under $10. that right there is a $10 bump in price based solely on parts!

mohgasm........he was my go to for drivers and now that clif is gone as well, drivers are scarce! of the top of my head i can only think of SL and those sell for $20+ when i used to get them from Moh for under $10. that right there is a $10 bump in price based solely on parts!

dang well hopefully the free market will do its job and fix the gap !

ixfd64

I'm also getting the impression that it's a lot harder to get a high-powered violet laser that is both cheap and reliable these days. A lot of companies either don't carry them or have a questionable reputation. O-Like and S-KY seem to be the only "good" companies out there, and even then, there are people who have had negative experiences with them.

There also seems to be much fewer people advertising 405 nm lasers on the market boards nowadays. I suspect they're not that "hot" anymore given that we now have multi-watt 445 nm handhelds.

Ok. Update on lazerer.com. they finally processed my order and it shows up on the website but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything like that. I will give max some more time just to see if I can depend on this vendor in the future. Until then I'm ordering from the joker. He seems to have a real good rep around here

Ok. Update on lazerer.com. they finally processed my order and it shows up on the website but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything like that. I will give max some more time just to see if I can depend on this vendor in the future. Until then I'm ordering from the joker. He seems to have a real good rep around here

Good choice what laser you getting. ?

I sent joker an email and he said I will have both 200mW red and 100mW green lasers tomorrow. These are my first lasers ever (besides the lame key chain ones) so I'm gonna start small and work my way up. He has a sfcg and a sfcr for sale. Ill probably get both. Along with my 405 from lazerer

Pman

Most companies have very slow turn around times including the reputable ones. Have to learn patience real quick and try to forget about your orders or you'll go nuts.
There are tons of companies more than willing to take your money. You will find that most are out to deceive. Quality costs whether you're talking about a company or a builder right here. Spend more time on researching and you'll see who is legit.
We would all like everything for nothing but it's not going to happen.
Can't even begin to count how many people before you have come here to complain about a company or want a laser that will do everything for $50 and gotten mad that no-one will help them.
Try to be humble and not demanding. Overly nice is a good thing.
Believe me when I say that this hobby gets expensive and there's plenty of ups and downs. If you can't deal with disappointment don't jump in with both feet.
On the plus side, there's some wonderful people here and if you stay you'll have the pleasure of knowing them and may be one yourself.

I'm just starting out slow and building my way up. It was a good minute before my order even got processesed so I came here. I finally heard a word back so now I guess I'm doing a laserer.com review lol. Also I'm going to review my lasers from thejoker and put everything up. I'm picking up a new hobby. Just looking for people who know a lot more than me to guide me and I appreciate all the help you guys.

Pman

Good for you and I will plus REP you for taking some advise and thanking others for their help.
Much of what is done around here takes time. Most here can't just go down the street and buy a unit or all the pieces parts to build. It takes a bit but you start to get more used to having to wait a lot. Still not used to it myself but it gets easier the longer you've been here and discover how things really work.
Believe me, we understand when money is tight and you spend what you have (or don't have) and worry about whether something got goofed up or maybe I made a mistake and jumped in too quick before testing the water.
Above all, don't do something really stupid with any laser that could get us all in trouble! We are very protective of our property and you should be too.
Try to not push the panic button too soon. Keep in mind that there's not much we (talking long term members and not really myself) haven't already seen or dealt with.

It's not my intention to sound like I'm "on" you but just to give some good advice that sometimes I need to remind myself to take;)

Yeah I completely understand. Although it did take about 2 weeks for laserer to even show that I ordered anything on their website so that's when I paniced. I'm not worried about shipping time. Its coming from like hong kong so I know it'll be a little while. But I look forward to sharing my experiences with you guys.

Update: I received my laser today and it says its <200mw 405nm but its not strong enough to burn anything. I'm disappointed. I got this laser for the sheer fact to burn stuff and it doesnt. It came with a charger so I will charge it for a while and see if it improves. The light on the charger is orange and has stayed that way for a good while. Will this light change colors when it's done charging or is that just for indication that its working?

those chargers are junk and shouldnt be used. pick up a quality charger like a nitecore i2 or i4 and then charge our batteries. also have you tried focusing the laser because an unfocused laser wont burn stuff

By focusing you mean just turning the head on it to tighten it completely right? And yeah this charger is crap. Getting a replacement asap.