Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow Vs Optotronics

The Laserglow lasers are more visible/brilliant than the Optotronics lasers?

And they are more burners than the Optotronics? (whit the same Mw of course)

I say this because when I see the videos of youtube I think the Aries 150 for example is more visible than the RPL´s. I would like a answer.

Thats all and thanks.

Rhith

Well for visibility in videos it greatly depends on your camera. But if it has a more visible beam at the same mW level it's because it has a larger beam diameter giving it a larger area for the light to go, which in turn gives you worse burning capabilities on the other side of things.

Hate to be a jerk here, but this question doesn't exactly... work :-/. At 532nm, with roughly the same beam specs, visibility it determined by mW - nothing else. Brand, model, etc. If they're both 150mW, they will be equally visible in the same conditions.

Same goes for burning. A mW is a mW of burning power. The only other thing that affects burning is irradiance. mW tells you burning power, but irradiance is mW per area - a measure of how concentrated that burning power is. Therefore, the smaller the spot diameter, the better burning. That's why its always magnitudes more effective to burn with a focusing lens. That aside though, the Aries series has a thinner initial beam than the RPL - making it better at close range burning. In the trade-off though, the RPL wins out with a thinner beam at further distances, making it a better distance burning mW per mW.

And yeah, as Rhith said a video doesn't really tell you anything. I could take a picture of a 1mW red emitting a brighter beam than a 300mW green with a little bit of work between environment and camera settings (no post processing needed even)

Milos

pseudonomen137 said:
And yeah, as Rhith said a video doesn't really tell you anything. I could take a picture of a 1mW red emitting a brighter beam than a 300mW green with a little bit of work between environment and camera settings (no post processing needed even)

so true,

I bet many don't realize and get cought up with such irrelevant judging system when shopping for the first time.

Next thing we'll hear is - " hey, Lasever lasers come with hot girl, while LaserGlow and Optotronics don't" :p

pseudonomen137 said:
Hate to be a jerk here, but this question doesn't exactly... work :-/. At 532nm, with roughly the same beam specs, visibility it determined by mW - nothing else. Brand, model, etc. If they're both 150mW, they will be equally visible in the same conditions.

Same goes for burning. A mW is a mW of burning power. The only other thing that affects burning is irradiance. mW tells you burning power, but irradiance is mW per area - a measure of how concentrated that burning power is. Therefore, the smaller the spot diameter, the better burning. That's why its always magnitudes more effective to burn with a focusing lens. That aside though, the Aries series has a thinner initial beam than the RPL - making it better at close range burning. In the trade-off though, the RPL wins out with a thinner beam at further distances, making it a better distance burning mW per mW.

This is what I like best about my RPL: I can unscrew the head making the beam tiny and the burning power is increased much more. Just don't point it into mercury fulminate primers! Ouch! :eek:

Also when you step up to higher quality lasers (Coherent Compass) I can tell you that 200mW seems like a lot more over great distances. At 10kM the 200mW from the Compass looked as impressive at 5W from a laserscope. Of course with higher powers allow you to do real damage to stuff and in both cases the actual illumination is far too bright to observe with unprotected eyes.

Justin

Hmm... Hot girls, eh? I'm thinking "Christmas Bundle". ;)

Seriously, as much as I would like to promote my company here, 100mW of green is 100mW of green, regardless of where you bought the laser. However, not all companies actually ship to specifications so a "100mW" laser may not actually produce 100mW if they're not testing and grading it correctly.

(This comment does not implicate Optotronics, as I've never heard a complaint about their output power. I'm talking about "another laser company".. ha!)

tatman

i have an Aries 100 AND an RPL 300 but if you have the website for Lasever please share because i am almost single AND another would be ok also. do they have different models of girls? or just lasers?

Aseras

Nordhavn said:
This is what I like best about my RPL: I can unscrew the head making the beam tiny and the burning power is increased much more. Just don't point it into mercury fulminate primers! Ouch! :eek:

Also when you step up to higher quality lasers (Coherent Compass) I can tell you that 200mW seems like a lot more over great distances. At 10kM the 200mW from the Compass looked as impressive at 5W from a laserscope. Of course with higher powers allow you to do real damage to stuff and in both cases the actual illumination is far too bright to observe with unprotected eyes.

I like doing this with my rpl too. even more now since I'm using it with the bare 2.5 watt diode. ( just hoping I don;t kill the diode with back eflection ) I can set stuff on fire instantly with it. I'm actually trying to fiber-couple it but we'll see how that goes.

The compass and similar holography lasers and most gas laser are so good because they have excellent coherence length. The beams are tight and stay tight and coherent like a good laser should be. a laser isn't a laser unless it is coherent. that's where the true power of a laser lies.

what am i missing here?
unscrewing the head boosts the performance of the laser? how?
i thought it only unscrews to clean the lens if needed to.
fill us in someone :D

Whay the Optotronics lasers have 5on/2off duty cycle and the Laserglow haven´t got duty cycle?  which is the reason?

PD: Merry Christmas to all and happy new year, im happy because I have got internet again :) (burn your body) ;D