Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Trackers on UK Helicopters

Morgan said:
... Just a note.

Quote from laserbee, "BTW... You are NOT the only one with "0" rep points...
It took a while to get my 1st Rep......  

Jerry "

Rep points should be earned, of course. I was just querying why there was no red or green buttons by the score? :-?
Sorry Morgan... I misunderstood your query...  :-[
The reason there is no red [-] or green [+] when you look at your posts
is because you can't give yourself Rep points... :cool:

Jerry

Morgan

Quote^, "Sorry Morgan... I misunderstood your query...  
The reason there is no red [-] or green [+] when you look at your posts
is because you can't give yourself Rep points...  

Jerry"

Ah, I see. So when you look at your own posts, Jerry sees the same thing?

I get it!

Yeah, it would be daft to be able to give yourself rep points! (I did read that thread! ;))

Thanks for the explanation.

Back to chopper-coppers and their new gadgets...

It does seem, after reading the spec sheet for this thing, that it is concentrating on 532nm. It gives tolerances as: +/-10nm @ 532nm. It would also seem that you may get away with hitting one of these with your Blu-Rays as the machine is tailored to 400nm-1100nm, (not that I'm going to be the one to try!!!  ;D)

What is more interesting and could possibly give a more accurate, "fingerprint", is that this device can record, "pulse length", and, "repetition rate". Not sure how likely it is to be hit by such a pulsed device, but I'm guessing they WILL be easier to match to an, "Event"; as they put it.

The more I read on this thing, the more I think it sensible to just NOT hit police helicopters and concentrate on commercial jets with hundreds of people aboard.
(THAT WAS A JOKE!!! Please do not shine lasers at any aircraft, cars, etc. (sorry, the lawyers made me write that bit.) ;D

I wonder how much these devices are?

M :)

What's the problem?

This is a great invention that will help catch the bad guys, and in time hopefully help restore laserpointer's bad reputation!