Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser build question

Hello! It's been a while!

I'm looking to build a new laser since my ex wife took my old lasers and gave them to the police. The police didn't do anything, just took them, because I never left them with batteries in them because of the kids. But anyway! On to my question!

I'm looking to rebuild my oldest and most favourite laser, the C6 host, 1.8amp driver, copper heatsink and a 445nm diode. I'm going to use Survival Laser for the no diode host bundle with a 1.8 amp driver circuit.

Question is, what battery combination should I use? I know what brand of batteries to get 'efest' or 'nitecore' but I've forgotten what batteries to use. 18650? 18350? 16340? All I know is, I want to use two batteries. I just can't remember which I used!

Thanks in advance 😊
Ben

squish

The c6 accepts either 2 X RCR123A, 2 X CR123A or 1 X 18650

I'd go with the 18650. This depends heavily on what diode you'll be using and the voltage it requires, 18650s are 4.2v when charged.
My fav cells are the Molicel P28A's. They handle up to 28A discharge which will be way more then you'll ever need for a laser.

That depends on the diode and driver you plan on using. If you are doing a A140 diode you can use something like an ACS1500SE because it can supply the forward voltage for the diode and supply ~1A of current even when being driven on a single cell. If you went with something like a NUBM44 you would need to use an ACS4500SE and two cells as the extra voltage from two batteries will be necessary to achieve the forward voltage and extra current for that diode.

squish

Hello! It's been a while!

I'm looking to build a new laser since my ex wife took my old lasers and gave them to the police. The police didn't do anything, just took them, because I never left them with batteries in them because of the kids. But anyway! On to my question!

I'm looking to rebuild my oldest and most favourite laser, the C6 host, 1.8amp driver, copper heatsink and a 445nm diode. I'm going to use Survival Laser for the no diode host bundle with a 1.8 amp driver circuit.

Question is, what battery combination should I use? I know what brand of batteries to get 'efest' or 'nitecore' but I've forgotten what batteries to use. 18650? 18350? 16340? All I know is, I want to use two batteries. I just can't remember which I used!

Thanks in advance 😊
Ben
Can you link the driver and diode you'll be using?