Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlaser 10 X BE stuck!

I know these can be sticky. I have not used it for awhile. While turning it back and forth trying to loosen it up, it is now stuck with the moveable lens in its furthest outward position. I can't get it to move twisting it either way. Any ideas. I guess it was never lubed property.

Maybe try a light impact to break it free ? or maybe chill it in your refrigerator then try to work it free, maybe both chill it and use light impact while working it loose ?

Failing that I suppose you could disassemble it.

Galling is a form of wear caused by adhesion between sliding surfaces. When a material galls, some of it is pulled with the contacting surface and causes threads or sliding surfaces to seize and is common with stainless steel that is not properly lubricated.

It is also very common with aluminum, if you can't get the threads or sliding surfaces properly lubricated trying to "work it loose" will only compound the issue and make it far worse...

galling-678x381.png

Since the Jetlaser 10X BE is not disassemblable a warranty return may be in order...

Last edited:
The objective lens moves fore and aft without rotating so you can gently press inward on the lens at it's center with a microfiber cloth ( if it's stuck all the way out ) as you turn the adjuster band in order to help it un-stick, I have had a couple of the jet 10x BE's and they can stick at the far end of the adjustment range when there fairly new, I have un-stuck mine before without adding any lube, also they tend to wear in over time....well the one I had that was a little sticky, I'm not saying they are all that way just 50% in my own experience.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Jetlaser 10 X BE

Your characterization of my answer as it pertains to the OP's issue is woefully inadequate at best... ;)
You're evaluation as to the purpose of my post is woefully inadequate

You're evaluation as to the purpose of my post is woefully inadequate
That's an odd response as I made no reference to the purpose of your woefully inadequate characterization of my answer? :unsure:

So are you saying your woefully inadequate characterization of my answer had an underlying purpose? :unsure:

The objective lens moves fore and aft without rotating so you can gently press inward on the lens at it's center with a microfiber cloth ( if it's stuck all the way out ) as you turn the adjuster band in order to help it un-stick, I have had a couple of the jet 10x BE's and they can stick at the far end of the adjustment range when there fairly new, I have un-stuck mine before without adding any lube, also they tend to wear in over time....well the one I had that was a little sticky, I'm not saying they are all that way just 50% in my own experience.
I tried opening it from the other end.....it won't move that way either.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's an odd response as I made no reference to the purpose of your woefully inadequate characterization of my answer? :unsure:

So are you saying your woefully inadequate characterization of my answer had an underlying purpose? :unsure:
Ok Ski John that's enough now. Stop looking for something to argue about

Fairly sure that Gray will have it fixed. Shipping however may be on you- You only need to send the front.
triple bubble warp.
may be less than20usd going to China...JL Like express going back & that may be ~$36-could be less.
I would see if a Vet here will try--like RC.
I wonder how many JL /w BE owners are seeing if they too have a problem- I have two to check.
Very sorry to hear about this-but you will not be left hanging.
I will send Gray a link to this.. I know he will want to help.
btw what is the best lube to use??

best wishes---Len

Last edited:
Galling is a form of wear caused by adhesion between sliding surfaces. When a material galls, some of it is pulled with the contacting surface and causes threads or sliding surfaces to seize and is common with stainless steel that is not properly lubricated.

It is also very common with aluminum, if you can't get the threads or sliding surfaces properly lubricated trying to "work it loose" will only compound the issue and make it far worse...

galling-678x381.png

Since the Jetlaser 10X BE is not disassemblable a warranty return may be in order...
Makes perfect sense. I remember people talking about them being stiff and mine surely was from the beginning.
EDIT: I appreciate Gary getting back to me. My version is a much earlier one and my comparison with the Sanwu was unfair. Designs evolve over time as new things are learned and design errors corrected.

Last edited:
Hello Andrew,
Thanks for posting it here and we deeply apologize for all the inconvenience.
We came across some returned BEs with the same problem before though it doesn't happen often.
And it is usually happens when one turns it with kinda over“strength”, the threads gets stuck due to small spacing of the focusing threads. You are right and it is a flaw in design and we will improve it in the next version.

I see you ordered it in 2017, so we will get a better idea of which version it is and if it is the latest version.

Sure, if you need one to work for your project right away, we can arrange sending you a replacement first.👊

Sorry again!
best regards,
Gray
Fairly sure that Grey will have it fixed. Shipping however will be on you- You only need to send the front.
triple bubble warp.
may be less than20usd going to China...JL Like express going back & that may be ~$36-could be less.
I would see if a Vet here will try--like RC.
I wonder how many JL /w BE owners are seeing if they too have a problem- I have two to check.
Very sorry to hear about this-but you will not be left hanging.
I will send Grey a link to this.. I know he will want to help.
btw what is the best lube to use??

best wishes---Len
Okay Len, thanks for sharing this link and the advices! (y)
As I alluded to earlier Galling is the most likely issue with your BE, It is most common with aluminum to aluminum...
Thank you guys for the help! (y)

Hey guys, thanks. I did not intend to start a firestorm. It is just that when I first got it, it was very stiff. I only used it on a laser once. Then I took a break from the hobby and just started back up recently and was surprised that it was very stiff again. As you know, it cannot be that way, at least the way I mount it. I would throw off the primary lens. So, it has to turn freely. That is why I was trying to work it back and forth which actually takes some strength to get past the points where it binds. So, I suspect, Gary, you are right, I must have pushed past a binding point right to the stop point, and it locked up. I thought about putting it in a vise but it is aluminum and I think I would only make it worse be bending it out of round.