Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introvert discussion

ARG

Question for other introverts, do you have trouble charging when you're in a room alone, but there are people elsewhere in the building?

I find it hard to recharge when I'm not completely alone. I get out a lot because of it; there's some great trails around here that are usually completely empty. My favorite is a trail that takes you up a mountain, then you can look down on all of Vancouver.

If I'm entirely alone I recharge faster but I still function fine if it is just a room to myself. Though if I can hear someone else in the building I will barely recharge at all.

Yeah , there's that.
But then ... late at night .
Where the air is cool and the waves meets the shore.

The thought of
"Live a life alone. Free from the shackles of freedom.
Leave a life alone. Shackled by the burden of loneliness"

It can get lonely sometimes.
The thought that people like us might end up like them..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodokushi
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/aug/17/communities.socialexclusion
http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2006/05/aged-m04.html

I used to have some Cider where those thoughts come to mind , but then. I gave up on it and started occupying my time with my many hobbies and work instead.

Last edited:
Be aware that about a third of the human population is introverted. There's nothing wrong with you - It's normal.

I used to draw a lot as an escape and as therapy. Now I watch old Anime or Movies and build. I'm on LPF quite a bit too. This is my social life :whistle:

~ LB

I used to draw a lot as an escape and as therapy. Now I watch old Anime or Movies and build. I'm on LPF quite a bit too. This is my social life :whistle:

~ LB

Do you happen to have 17 cats and knit as the cat poop in your mountain dew?

Don't knit. The 2 cats aren't mine. How did you know I like Mountain Dew :thinking:

~ LB

I don't own any "Pink" cardigans and what is this "Sunshine" you speak of? :)

~ LB

I don't own any "Pink" cardigans and what is this "Sunshine" you speak of? :)

~ LB

196352_529107683801348_2059493695_n.jpg

Oh, you mean 593.5nm :D Unfortunately I don't own that wavelength yet and have never seen it in person :rolleyes:

:na:

~ LB

Wow... I'm kind of amazed how much I relate to many of you here.

I guess it's natural that people of similar proclivities would end up interacting together online.

It is interesting how sometimes people confuse shyness with introversion. From what I've heard shyness is from fear. I watched a TED talk about it..
Susan Cain: The power of introverts | Video on TED.com
Before I saw that I often confused shyness with introversion.

It's nice to know that many other people are like oneself.

Last edited:
Does anybody here feel like being introverted has affected yourself at work? I keep feeling like I'm being pushed to be somebody I'm not. It happens outside of work too but not nearly as bad. There are days I wish I could just walk out and not go back until a later time, if at all.

One of my life goals is actually to move to Iceland, and then visit the rest of Scandinavia regularly.

Ok what the hell Sig - I'll fight you for the rights to say that was my dream first!

I'll race you there if you prefer... :na: