Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You're Not Passing Get The **** Out of the Left Lane

Lase

Same works on the footpath too.

I agree. It should be an unspoken law to stay to the left and not block up the entire footpath. Worst offenders are businessmen here. Also Prams shit me off. YOU DON'T HAVE RIGHT OF WAY JUST CAUSE YOU GOT KNOCKED UP YOU SKANKY 16YO!

I don't drive anymore, so I can't comment on the roads. :p

Lase

Last edited:

The one thing that really pisses me off is someone that comes out of the express lane to take the frigging exit. I drive a service truck that weighs 18,900 lbs, These morons think I can stop like a small car can. Out of all of the places I have driven all across the U.S. coast to coast and in B.C. Utah has the worst drivers. My gf got rear ended in our Honda accord last week, they are debating weather or not to total it. This is the third rear end accident that we have had happen in the 6 years that we have lived in Utah and not one of them has been our fault. Las Vegas comes in second for shitty drivers.

Yes slow drivers in the left lane piss me off, the speed limit here is 75 and 65 on the freeway, most drive 80. But there are a few that drive 60 or slower in 75 mph zone and oh yeah drive side by side. When I am going on a service call I am charging that company $135.00 an hour even for my travel, so I try to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Some days I wish I had a built in missile launcher or a big snow plow V blade on the front of my truck to move the slow assholes out of my way.

A few weeks ago I was doing 80 mph and I was coming to the on ramp and slowed down to let a lady on, she was not paying attention (as usual) as soon as she was in my lane she looked in the mirror and saw my truck and just hit her brakes and ducked her head. Thank god the pickup that was in the left lane passing me saw what was happening and hit his brakes so I could move over, thankfully an accident did not occur. The guy driving the pickup pulled up next to me and I waived and said thank you. He waived back and just shook his head as in disbelief of what had happened.

Driving is not a right it is a privilege and some people should not have that privilege!

I forgot to mention in Utah if you are in the left lanes and someone comes up behind you, you are supposed to move over or get fined. But they don't enforce that law.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

What really pisses me off is when im in the car and were wanting to turn left, theres always a d*ck who stays on the 'turn left' lane even though he wants to go straight. It just holds up a line of like 30 people and we are forced to wait untill he gets the frick out of the way.

There are people in this world, right now,
who are having their skin removed
one square inch at a time
just to force them to admit to something that they didn't even do

Take your foot off the gas, turn up the tunes, and smile

I realize that in the grand scheme of things, slow left lane drivers are now a major issue.

Most of the time I do end up doing exactly as you say... put on slower music, and try to relax.

My main goal with the OP was to

1. VENT... I was rather pissed about being late to an appointment, despite leaving early for it.

2. Hope that someone who is a slow left lane driver, might realize what a pain in the @$$ they can be to others.

hehe people drive slow around you because you look like a cop in that car. :D

Which is at least in part an issue, but a different issue. Around NYC no one actually pays attention to crown vics... at least not much, but I do notice often that if I drive in the right lane people will slow down, and pace me. As such I do usually try to drive at least 5mph over the limit, usually more.

SAVED BEST FOR LAST

You got a mom? a granny? GF? sister maybe... and old uncle Joe. would you drive like those I described if it were them in front of you ... or would you like it if your grand dad was cruising at the speed limit in the passing lane and he was put through all that crap...and I keep this in mind-- there are more (legal and not)people carrying sidearms these days.

Actually I had a major fight with my uncle a few years back. I refused to let him drive until he got his eyes checked out. He's also far from young.

Mom, granny, gf, or anyone else should not drive if they can't pay attention and react properly on the road. When I can't drive myself... I don't drive either.

I have to agree.... I don't have the luxury of wasting the
few hours that I have left on Earth behind some sight seeing
moron that is not aware of his surroundings or the highway
driving/safety code...

$hit... or get off the Pot....

I'm on the road for business reasons and not for wasting
my time to see the trees go by... I do that on Sundays on
my Harley on the right lane leisurely taking in the sights.

That's exactly it... in both cases. On shorter trips if I don't have to be somewhere on time for something, I really don't care because I know going an extra 10mph and the 1-2 minutes i save will not matter.

On longer trips however, the time does add up, and I would rather spend time doing things I like and not killing time getting there.

Generally I'm only irritated by these situations when I do have to be somewhere for a specific appointment... if I don't, I don't care about a few minutes plus or minutes.

The one thing that really pisses me off is someone that comes out of the express lane to take the frigging exit. I drive a service truck that weighs 18,900 lbs, These morons think I can stop like a small car can. Out of all of the places I have driven all across the U.S. coast to coast and in B.C. Utah has the worst drivers. My gf got rear ended in our Honda accord last week, they are debating weather or not to total it. This is the third rear end accident that we have had happen in the 6 years that we have lived in Utah and not one of them has been our fault. Las Vegas comes in second for shitty drivers.

Yes slow drivers in the left lane piss me off, the speed limit here is 75 and 65 on the freeway, most drive 80. But there are a few that drive 60 or slower in 75 mph zone and oh yeah drive side by side. When I am going on a service call I am charging that company $135.00 an hour even for my travel, so I try to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Some days I wish I had a built in missile launcher or a big snow plow V blade on the front of my truck to move the slow assholes out of my way.

A few weeks ago I was doing 80 mph and I was coming to the on ramp and slowed down to let a lady on, she was not paying attention (as usual) as soon as she was in my lane she looked in the mirror and saw my truck and just hit her brakes and ducked her head. Thank god the pickup that was in the left lane passing me saw what was happening and hit his brakes so I could move over, thankfully an accident did not occur. The guy driving the pickup pulled up next to me and I waived and said thank you. He waived back and just shook his head as in disbelief of what had happened.

Driving is not a right it is a privilege and some people should not have that privilege!

I forgot to mention in Utah if you are in the left lanes and someone comes up behind you, you are supposed to move over or get fined. But they don't enforce that law.

I can't count how often I see people jump for exit from the center or middle lane of a three lane highway. Came literally inches from an accident a couple weeks ago, after a cabbie pulled across three lanes to make an exit. I had a little more room to hit the breaks and swerve... the two cars in front of me, but behind the cabbie didn't... cab drove off but the other two cars... fender bender.:scowl:

What really pisses me off is when im in the car and were wanting to turn left, theres always a d*ck who stays on the 'turn left' lane even though he wants to go straight. It just holds up a line of like 30 people and we are forced to wait untill he gets the frick out of the way.

Yup... very annoying. A lot of lights in my town have actually not gotten upgraded to have an separate turn arrow, and have the left turn only lane, where before you could go straight from either.

In the same vein... there are also the people who for whatever reason insist on pacing my in my freaking blind spot. I mean why not keep a short distance between cars?

I love when five cars pass a car in the fast lane being a jerk. In the past couple of years Oklahoma passed the law where the left lane is for passing only. Although being a newer law its not enforced strongly.

I love when five cars pass a car in the fast lane being a jerk. In the past couple of years Oklahoma passed the law where the left lane is for passing only. Although being a newer law its not enforced strongly.

You would think people would take that as a hint to move the f*ck over...

So many times I'm on the turnpike, doing ~75 (Limit is 65) and come up on someone puttering along in the left lane doing 60:banghead:

Even if I'm going 80, I always move back over the middle lane... that lets the guys really in a hurry pass me, and they are the ones that catch the tickets:shhh:

Things

Ooooo right you guys drive on the other side on the road! I forgot that for a sec haha. We are to "Keep left unless overtaking" but yeah there are the idiots who don't do that. Tho we do get fined if you don't keep left. Do you guys in US get fined?

Interesting you mention that. Here in QLD you can use whichever lane you wish, though its taught as common courtesy to stay in the left lane unless overtaking. No laws or anything saying you can't use the right lane if you wish.

It's actually kind of a trick question when you go for your first learners theory test, it's one of the questions. Many parents still believe that you have to stay in the left lane unless overtaking, though the DoT (Department of Transport QLD) says otherwise.

Last edited:

Razako

I love it when you get these old people in their 1980's caddy who somehow need to slow down to 10mph to make a turn that I could comfortably make at 25-30mph. Then as a result of their slowness I end up missing the upcoming light and all the lights after it which costs me about 4-5 minutes after all is said and done.

In VA it is a failure to keep right ticket for a sum of 3 points, if anyone actually enforces it.

The Best way to get others to move over is to buy a used/retired unmarked Police car.

Keep or add the spot light, and study antenna styles and placements, and add a set of driving lights placed behind your front grill and some added brake lights to your inside rear deck. And the cage/partition adds a great feel. All 100% legal to do.

As in Rome, do as the Romans do. Just don't add any colored lights unless you actually have a right to use them.

Then cruze the fast lane and watch everyone move over miles before you get to them. LOL. Only the most stupid don't move over long before you get to their bumper.

I drove x-police cars as demonstrators for over 20 years in my business. It works great for all kinds of respect on the road. Including from the Police. I drive like a man possessed and still have yet to receive a ticket. Just don't slow down if you see a cop, that's a dead give-away.

Last edited:
In VA it is a failure to keep right ticket for a sum of 3 points, if anyone actually enforces it.

The Best way to get others to move over is to buy a used/retired unmarked Police car.

Keep or add the spot light, and study antenna styles and placements, and add a set of driving lights placed behind your front grill and some added brake lights to your inside rear deck. And the cage/partition adds a great feel. All 100% legal to do.

As in Rome, do as the Romans do. Just don't add any colored lights unless you actually have a right to use them.

Then cruze the fast lane and watch everyone move over miles before you get to them. LOL. Only the most stupid don't move over long before you get to their bumper.

I drove x-police cars as demonstrators for over 20 years in my business. It works great for all kinds of respect on the road. Including from the Police. I drive like a man possessed and still have yet to receive a ticket. Just don't slow down if you see a cop, that's a dead give-away.

Its a good idea. But most of us arent going to spend $1000+ just to make people move over. :D

This is my old car: Link.

My new one is also a crown vic, except it has a black plastic grill, and doesn't have the bumpers. I've been driving them for the past few years.

I don't have any extra break lights, or running lights behind the grill... although it's an upgrade I was thinking about. That and maybe putting in a second spotlight.

Unfortunately like I said before, around NYC no one cares about crown vics... too many car services use them:(

Whenever I drive anywhere far though... Woah! What a difference... people move over fast.

Actually one of the antennas on my car broke off... I wonder where I can go to get it replaced. Doesn't do anything, but I like the look it adds to the car:p

Last edited:
I had a nice laugh watching that. So often the person I pass who is puttering along in the left lane is either old, asian (sorry guys, but I drive in Fort Lee quite often and this stereotype is true), or a girl on her cell!

Dont't forget about the old asian lady talking on the cellphone and doing her makeup, all while sitting at a very green arrow. :undecided:

Last edited:
Nothing more fun than finding a slow left lane lurker on a 2 lane highway, pulling up beside them in the right lane and running a 10-15 mile 2 car wide blockade at 50 mph in a 70 mph zone. :eg::D:angel:

OK. I'll add my bit too.
Around here in BC there are a few givens...that all playground/school zones are limited to 30 kilometres/hr and other roads (except highways/main thoroughfares) are 50 kph, even if not posted. -Actually laws state that if not posted or unknown you should assume 50 kph.
What burns my butt is the growing number of people that cruise through all the time at 40 kph.
Too slow for most roads and dangerously fast in the zones where you need to go slower ! (Truth be known that in my 25+ years of driving I have had 3 speeding tickets but have NEVER been tempted to speed in school or playground zones ! Ending some child's life isn't worth shaving a few more seconds off my journey.)
My daily commute takes me through 2 of these slow zones. Just about every day I witness someone speeding through at least one of them.
Frequently it is one of these numbnuts that only goes 40 ! So for 80+% of the time they are holding up traffic, oblivious of there transgressions, and the rest of the time they are actually speeding.
The day they make a consumer grade digital video camera system that records the view out the front with enough detail to be used in court I will take the time to install it ! It would record my speed for relative measures, include superimposed reference lines on the video to record distances as viewed, and include time of day and GPS locations that can be called up on maps to show the roadway and speed zones that you are in.
Then a method of sending the encoded digital file on-line to the authorities and >BAM< your caught !
Even if it just means a letter in the mail from the authorities to say that they have been witnessed committing an offense.
:eg: