Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If only.....

KiLLrB

Looking at stuff like that just depresses me :( I need to win the lottery.

Really? do we need to go over this again?

sticker power != actual power

That's too much money for a system that old.. who knows how many hours are on it. I could see maybe $1500-$2000 tops running perfectly.

LSRFAQ

Lets go over a few things here.

Ionics do not ship well. They have a hollow aluminum frame with a glass gas ballast underneath. You can crack/smash the ballast if it is not lifted/shipped properly. The tube was glassed into the resonator by the glassblower, they are NOT repairable nor can you interchange tubes.

Last made around 1993 or so... Very old.

Probably the worst ion laser ever made. Was very popular for its power to cost ratio, but other then that they are DOG CITY.

Tungsten disks in a quartz tube, nice concept, but there is a reason they have a two valve manual gas fill system, and that system tends to leak if they sit, and newbies to ionics tend to turn the valves, wondering... What does that do... In which case they go high pressure if both valves are opened at the same time.

The power supply consists of a water cooled ballast resistor and a 12 transistor passbank. Often people do not get the matching ballast transformer, hook the psu direct to the power line, and Kaboom, goes part of the passbank.. The tranny is usually in its own box... And is very heavy..
Often not included...

If you can go pick it up, and see it working, before you buy, then OK.
Other then that, leave them alone...

Regarding that one, Pick which line the seller ment:

"This item is used and has been tested to be in good working condition. This laser and power supply is from a large research facility. It appears to be in good condition but we have not tested it."

I would not give more then 1K for it and for that I would need to see it working, stable, and on a power meter.
If I'm playing the lottery, 99.95$.

Steve

Last edited:
Weight:
315.00 LBS

I don't wanna think how much shipping would be :) I guess it would cost more than the actual price of the laser :D Nice laser!

Weight:
315.00 LBS

I don't wanna think how much shipping would be :) I guess it would cost more than the actual price of the laser :D Nice laser!

Thaaaaaat's why I said it was such an opportunity missed that the location of the laser is like a 30 minute tops drive from me!

i need to get my rich friend to buy that for me... any suggestions on making it seem like its for him but actually for me? :D

diachi

Did any of you bother to read what steve said? This isn't worth more than $100 as is, unless seen working.

Texas. I live in Oklahoma. I might try to get this one. I'm sure they put a minimum of what they want though.