Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I have some questions about a new laser i got.

OG Style

I got a new laser and if wondering is there any recommended upgrades. The laser is blue 450nm and says that it 5w. I doubt that it's 5w. It's sold on Amazon as a blue flashlight. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_101617_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_101617_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 2

Amak87

I got a new laser and if wondering is there any recommended upgrades. The laser is blue 450nm and says that it 5w. I doubt that it's 5w. It's sold on Amazon as a blue flashlight. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you
You can replace the lens and add some stiffer springs and Orings to help stabilize the focusing. And grabbing some better batteries will definitely help out compared to the horrible fire hazards they come with.

I recommend a G8 or 2 Element lens for 450nm. Check out wwwbarnettunlimited for the lens, and wwwIMRbatteries for the batteries. I highly suggest getting 2- flat top/unprotected AMT 800mah/10A 18350s if you have the short Gatling style. You may need some magnets to space the batteries out between themselves for proper contact. You can get those at wwwSurvivalLasers under the battery section.

And if you want more POWA, I can rebuild that laser for you, I can push it anywhere from 3w-7w, and even higher if you want to pay more for it. I designed a retrofit kit for that style host. Hit me up if you want.

GSS

Thank you
Keep that Gattling gun host laser for what it is.
Its a ok starter laser.. It has a small very thin brass module where the driver is pressed in that looks kinda wide but it is hollow underneath. Brass also isn't a good metal for heat sinking.. The driver in it is unstable also..
Not knocking it as it is a good starter and fun. It could be anywhere from 1.5W to close to 2.5W? They have been selling them stronger lately than when they first came out.

You don't need to spend alot of money for more power. Look at DTR for a diode/module/driver combo.
Your choice of power or Wavelength..
Member Lifetime17 has a big variety of Plug and Play hosts where you just connect wires and slide in the module and done.
Or he will build you a complete one for a very good price..
Send him a PM, it won't hurt and you will be surprised..

Last edited:
I've always thought of those Gattling lasers as poor. They have very little heat sinking and are cheaply built. GSS spelled out much of what's wrong with them.