Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How should I mod it?

Things

True, but its hard to keep the wires organised, they are going everywhere, not just to 1 central location  ;D

its not an easy task to make the wiring pretty. but if you take them time to do it it makes ALL the difference

Okay, just got my DAC and I've been playing around with it. Pretty cool :)

The scanner works fine, can do some nice beam shows and animations, but really isn't all that crash hot. But hey, that's a 10kpps for you ;) I don't think it's worth it to go all the way to an RGV for it with a new case and everything. So I'm narrowing it down to two easy options that I mostly have the parts for:

- Make an RGY scanner with my 140mW green and a 250mW red and use TTL blanking, since that's what the green is.
- Make an RVP scanner, with a 150mW blu-ray and a 250mW red and use analogue modulation, as I'll be using a FlexMod1 which can do that.

What do you think?

oh i think rvp would be awesome! you can make some cool pinks like that!

plus its analog so you need that for good mixing. i wouldnt want to deal with ttl on the green if your trying to mix it all

Yeah, I agree. It would be pretty cool :)

Lets see, heatsinks for both of them: $34. FlexMod1, $35. Diodes I'm getting or already got. Do you think a dichro for combining red with green will work with blu-ray?

you best bet for a dichro and 405nm would be a reflect blue and put the blue closest to the scanner for minimum loss

since i dont know the brand of your dichro i will state this from laser wave brand dichros.

the red/ green dichro is most likely a reflect red and pass green. and since it is made to reflect red it will pass the other colors like green or blue.

but im not sure if your dichros are made this way, but they should be.

so essentially you could reflect your red and pass your violet