Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host for NUBM07 and multi function driver

rcwillis

I plan on doing a custom build for a NUBM07 in a DTR 12mm module that is driven by the 20mm Buck LED/Laser Driver 6-Function at Barnett Unlimited (can't post a link due to being a newbie). I want to use this driver to give myself similar functions to the Sanwu multi operation offerings and was looking for a suitable host. I was looking at Survival Lasers, but it seems their hosts are most suited for 16.8mm round drivers or rectangular drivers mounted on a shelf. I'm flexible on the battery, but would assume either a single or double 18650 setup. I've already messaged Lifetime, but I wanted to know if anyone else had ideas on a possible host for this combination that didn't require machining on my part. Thanks

gazer101

I plan on doing a custom build for a NUBM07 in a DTR 12mm module that is driven by the 20mm Buck LED/Laser Driver 6-Function at Barnett Unlimited (can't post a link due to being a newbie). I want to use this driver to give myself similar functions to the Sanwu multi operation offerings and was looking for a suitable host. I was looking at Survival Lasers, but it seems their hosts are most suited for 16.8mm round drivers or rectangular drivers mounted on a shelf. I'm flexible on the battery, but would assume either a single or double 18650 setup. I've already messaged Lifetime, but I wanted to know if anyone else had ideas on a possible host for this combination that didn't require machining on my part. Thanks
If you don't mind having 10 second duty cycles, you could always 3d print a host and just chuck the copper module in there and hope for the best

It's a bad idea but an idea nonetheless. If I didn't have so little time on my hands I would have loved to design some universal 3d models for laser hosts that use active cooling via embedded generic heat pipes and exhaust fans w/ heatsinks... Imagine an unlimited duty cycle host that fits in your pocket and costs less than $20 to make assuming you have a 3d printer

Commander J. Bloodmaker

If you don't mind having 10 second duty cycles, you could always 3d print a host and just chuck the copper module in there and hope for the best

It's a bad idea but an idea nonetheless. If I didn't have so little time on my hands I would have loved to design some universal 3d models for laser hosts that use active cooling via embedded generic heat pipes and exhaust fans w/ heatsinks... Imagine an unlimited duty cycle host that fits in your pocket and costs less than $20 to make assuming you have a 3d printer
Can we say "Light Sabre"? lol