Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host for 12mm Module W/ 22mm Heatsink

CryptV2

Hi! I am wondering what would be a nice and not too expensive host to fit a 12mm Laser Module with a 22mm Heatsink. Something small and US seller only. Thank you

Snecho

Don't know what you mean by 22mm heatsink. Maybe contact member @Lifetime17 for a custom built host.

If you are talking the 22mm DTR heatsink... There used to be another end to that heatsink that allowed them to be mounted on a vaping mod. However the ends are no longer available, so Jordan (DTR) is getting rid of the remaining heatsinks from that era.

If you can find an end and attach it, and mount the diode and driver inside, then you could use any of the vaping mechanical hosts. Otherwise you will need to have something made to fit it.

WIth a great deal of scouring the internet, you might find a very similar size, but not perfect.

If you are talking the 22mm DTR heatsink... There used to be another end to that heatsink that allowed them to be mounted on a vaping mod. However the ends are no longer available, so Jordan (DTR) is getting rid of the remaining heatsinks from that era.

If you can find an end and attach it, and mount the diode and driver inside, then you could use any of the vaping mechanical hosts. Otherwise you will need to have something made to fit it.

WIth a great deal of scouring the internet, you might find a very similar size, but not perfect.

Hi,
The back threaded end of the that Icecruncher posted will not fit the DTR22mm vape module. It is much larger than the treads on DTR's modules. I machined plenty of these for LPF members in the past. Here are some pics. look through my sig.
Rich:)

Hi,
The back threaded end of the that Icecruncher posted will not fit the DTR22mm vape module. It is much larger than the treads on DTR's modules. I machined plenty of these for LPF members in the past. Here are some pics. look through my sig.

Please explain. Are these different now?

Hi
I purchased the back 510 adapter part and I machine my own heat sinks and I thread them to fit the 510 back halfs
My 510 back half’s won’t fit the DTR aluminum 22mm heat sink

jnrpop

Please explain. Are these different now?

Yes, as Rich has said, the Adapters that fits DTR`s 22mm heatsinks have a slightly small thread size and are well and truly sold out everywhere, ive been searching for a year now.

Your only option is to get Rich to machine up a custom 22mm heatsink that fits the slightly larger 23mm Adapters which have a bigger thread.

I might have bought a fair few of the smaller adapters ;) - https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/jnrpop´s-collection.103777/post-1551595

J

Yes, as Rich has said, the Adapters that fits DTR`s 22mm heatsinks have a slightly small thread size and are well and truly sold out everywhere, ive been searching for a year now.

Your only option is to get Rich to machine up a custom 22mm heatsink that fits the slightly larger 23mm Adapters which have a bigger thread.

I might have bought a fair few of the smaller adapters ;) - https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/jnrpop´s-collection.103777/post-1551595

J
OK good to know someone can still do these. I wasn't as heavy into the mech mods as you. but close :)

I had no idea anyone was still doing the 510 screw on versions. I bought a few of Jordans heatsinks and he referred me to a site that had a larger 510 adapter, it was suggested at the time to use some type of material to fill the gap and use them.

I still have two mech mods I want to make lasers for. One is the Aspire CF, the other is a solid copper one which you can see the battery through it in all the cutouts.

If I can't make what I have work, I may ask you, rich to help me out on these. Thanks again for the info
I've been saving at least one of each host style (mech mod, krypton groove and a couple others) in hope for yellows to add to my sets (Green, Violet, Red, Blue)