Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Highest Power rare Wavelength Handheld ever build?

farbe2

Hello Guys and Girls!

Does anybody of you know what the highest power DPSS handheld laser is?

Sure, some time ago 7W+ of 450nm would have been amazing and very rare.
However nowadays Green, Blue and Red is quite common. DPSS lasers aren't.

So I am just looking for the highest power DPSS or multi diode handheld laser that was ever made.

I think there where some 1W 532nm pointers?
But as far as I know the other colors (457/473/589/594) where all quite low power. (max 100mW or so? )

I know that somebody build a hacked together Co2 handheld and I think there where some multi diode reds and blues (which I would consider awesome).

So let me know what laser would you consider "exceptionally awesome","ahead of its time","super rare wavelength with huge amounts of power".

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Optotronics produced a 532 at 1.4W+. It’s rare to see more than 100mW+ in other portable dpss wavelengths.

farbe2

They currently have only listed 350mW.

Any more info on the 1,4W unit? Any Teardowns available?

But they also seem to do 473nm at 15mW, nice.

As 671nm is also a common-ish DPSS wavelength, does anybody know if any pointers where ever made?

julianthedragon

Jet sold a 1064nm rated 1.5W. I purchased one and it peaks at 1.107W. They've since marked it down to 1.2W

1064nm 1.5W 18650 batt.png

Not sure about rare/in the visible spectrum

farbe2

1,2W of 1064nm, interesting.
Thats essentially 1/2 of a common 532nm dpss.

Oh yes 2W of 577nm in a handheld would be nice. Sadly the unit Z got there is a little big and power hungry.
Would be more like a backpack Laser with a fibre launch to a hand held head :D

Yeah that 577 is chonky, hard to find occasions to pull it out.

CNI did 671nm handhelds a while back, I think aryntha still has one. I think some of the old 589nm and 473nm handhelds also hit 180 ish mW max.

Rare wavelengths at high powers.... I guess the one to beat is my 2W 484nm. I'm also pretty sure nobody else has a 430nm, so my 40mW one also sort of gets a spot by default?

I also used to have a PGL-III-C 561nm that had 60mW+ peaks as well as a 532nm handheld that put out over 800mW, but sold them when I went to college. I do sincerely miss the 561, never managed to get in touch with the member I sold it to since I got back into the hobby.

farbe2

as far as I know, Lasence makes a 1W 555nm module that could be build into a handheld.

They also advertise a 577nm 500mW module but as far as I know, they often cant deliver what they advertise.

@ZRaffleticket
Your 2W 484 is awesome and unique but not as awesome as some others, its "just" a single diode after all, same for the 430nm. Very rare and nice but lower "awesome factor" because of the simple one diode construction. (at least for me)

I think my 3,3W c-lens corrected RGB handheld also deserves a spot, I find it quite awesome because of the complicated construction but thats still a level below dpss in my opinion.

Did anybody do a TEA (+Dye?) handheld? THAT would be something!

Sowee7

Hello Guys and Girls!

Does anybody of you know what the highest power DPSS handheld laser is?

Sure, some time ago 7W+ of 450nm would have been amazing and very rare.
However nowadays Green, Blue and Red is quite common. DPSS lasers aren't.

So I am just looking for the highest power DPSS or multi diode handheld laser that was ever made.

I think there where some 1W 532nm pointers?
But as far as I know the other colors (457/473/589/594) where all quite low power. (max 100mW or so? )

I know that somebody build a hacked together Co2 handheld and I think there where some multi diode reds and blues (which I would consider awesome).

So let me know what laser would you consider "exceptionally awesome","ahead of its time","super rare wavelength with huge amounts of power".
Lasence have produced 1W 545nm modules, laserglow currently has a 100mw 671nm DPSS handheld laser for sale https://www.laserglow.com/product/orion-pro-red-portable-laser