Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High voltage

it says this.
"Operation with light loads must be done with caution as open circuit voltage will soar at resonance and cause the output transformer to burn out."Does that mean that i can't turn it on with out a load(like a lava drive)

MERC

If you want to research building a tesla coil more, I highly recommend www.4hv.org (where i got the know how to build one) exelent site for anything high voltage related.

P.S. frothy that what you described is not a solid state tesla coil but you can power a small spark gap coil with that.

k-9

allso here a peek at my high voltage project its a TEA laser still inthe first stage but its a start.

k-9

no not yet this is the first stage i still need laser die the is what give you the beam color and i still need a bottle of nitogen this will a longer project than i was planing

k-9 said:
no not yet this is  the first stage i still need  laser die the is what give you the beam color and i still need a bottle of nitogen this will a longer project than i was planing

Oh sorry thought you were making an open air nitrogen.

Things

Tesla coils are quite time consuming and costly to build. A tesla coil is DEFFINATELY not a beginners project, as it can kill you instantly if it gets a chance. Try a flyback or some ignition coils for safe, cheap HV.