Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help with a mini mag

caineb

Can someone please help me with a minimag laser please, i have recently brought a minimag and a cd diode, (i now know i need a dvd diode, where can i get these from) now then, when i take the bulb out of the minimag there is 2 holes from where the bulb was (and 2 pins on the bulb), if i was to put the earth and positive straight into where the bulb was, would that work? or would i need some extras?

thanks

caineb said:
Can someone please help me with a minimag laser please, i have recently brought a minimag and a cd diode, (i now know i need a dvd diode, where can i get these from) now then, when i take the bulb out of the minimag there is 2 holes from where the bulb was (and 2 pins on the bulb), if i was to put the earth and positive straight into where the bulb was, would that work? or would i need some extras?

thanks

In short, DON"t DO IT! There are basically two possible outcomes here, the best case is it will short out the LD instantly as CD diodes can't handle as much current. The worst case is it works and you end up looking straight into an infrared laser beam (invisible) wondering why it isn't working. Please look for the thread titled threads of interest and read everything in those threads. there is plenty of great info here to go around.