Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help: TTL for laser control

mslmo

Hello, I am new to this and would appreciate if someone can help with this. I have a laser that needs 0-5V TTL for quick turn on/off. I have the connection points for the TTL input in the interlock pins. However, how do I build the TTL circuit? What are the parts that is required to enable this - I have a 24V power supply but if someone can point me to the process I can get help from an electronics shop to get the TTL switch built. Many thanks

TTL means transistor transistor logic which you can google and learn all about.

As for your laser you only need 5V to turn it on via the TTL input pins and 0V turns it off or you can use PWM pulse width modulation to vary your brightness.

Here's a PWN generator you can use to control the pulse frequency, power it with 5V
Set the frequency, 10K is usually fine, it's just a carrier so to speak ( number of pulses per second ) and you can set the duty of each pulse which is the amount of time it's on and off, this will control your brightness.

Here's the 3 channel PWM if you have a RGB laser.