Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help lasershow

The second driver would probably work best. The 300mW lasers don't have exotic voltages or really high current compared to something like the 445nm lasers. I think I've also got one like that in one of the projectors I bought, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to pay that much for one. It'll probably work once you've adjusted its power down to the correct level.

Any regular Aixiz style lens should work with those red lasers. They won't do beam correcting though. You need some prism pairs or cylindrical lenses to do beam correction.

Thank you again.

I am aware that without eyeglasses I won't be able to correct the divergence, but not you which to buy, neither if it will be worth the effort economically for the module type that is.
But I will request the badge, to see if at least it goes up more power it develops Mitsubishi.

Best Regards

You'll probably want some good protection for all the wavelengths if you're going to get into projectors, correction or not. Even at 5mW the laser dot is hard to look at for stuff like alignment, and your lasers will no doubt be more powerful than that. Once you've started making a projector, you'll start to want to make them into color projectors, and the goggles help a lot with that.

These ones will cover all three wavelengths. They're made of solid metal.

More seriously: no, you can't get goggles that will cover all three wavelengths or that range or else you won't have any spectrum to see anything else. I've got goggles that cover green and some red and they are too hard to do much work with, so I had to buy other goggles instead.

I would get (or equivalent):

$80 - ARG - covers 532nm and below (445nm, 405nm, etc.)

$120 - RB2 - covers 615nm to about 700nm

You don't need those exact ones, or buy from that company, but those two will cover your major wavelengths. The ARGs are a nice pair for covering two of the three color ranges.

Yes, those two will work, but you'll need some mounts to ensure that they correctly line up. Maybe check Things' reference on this forum; there might be some article on that. You can also make a new thread asking how to do it.

TTL will simply be 7 colors (red, magenta, blue, cyan, green, yellow, white), and is pretty decent, and good practice for learning how to align and get an RGB projector working. After it's aligned, you can adjust the power of the lasers to achieve a better color mix.

I will be about acquiring some glasses that at least serve for green and red.

On the alignment, I will pay him/her attention and I will open another thread in this respect; because I believe that this will give me work so that it works correctly.
With those seven colors (TTL), it is already enough for my pretense, if I can end up them to get (correct alignment), I will feel very satisfied.

I am awaiting the aluminum base, to be able to fix and to adjust the group, since now (on a wooden board) it is I impossible.
As for going up the power of the laser, I deduce that you refer to adjust it from the adjustable screw that he/she brings the badge TTL; what I wonder is if... can something be given more than power of which brings adjusted of factory?
And, does some problem exist when aligning the module of 635nm due to the divergence?, I comment it because the beam is of approximately 4 or 5 mm of diameter. And I am sure of if it would be better to narrow it although it is putting a metallic small piece before for example with a hole of 2mm.

When the base arrives, I will put pictures and I will open the thread to request advice.

Thank you for their time and for the help that is offering, without a doubt some very valuable for my.

Best Regards.

Juanma.

Last edited:
Hello.

I am with the assembly of the components in the base.

o0b37l.jpg

Best Regards.
Juanma.

That looks like a nice setup you've got there.

Yeah, those 635nm lasers diverge quite a bit unfortunately. They're just made that way, and will still diverge if you block out some of the edges (which will lose you some power). The only solution to the divergence problem is to do some beam correcting. You can try something like this, though it's not perfect.

Another thing you could do is just use 660nm laser diodes and combine them. It'll have less brightness per mW than the 635nm, but they won't diverge in the same manner.

Hello.

Thank you for the explanation. At the moment I will prove the module of 635nm like it is; because I am not able to correct the divergence, to see if later on...

I have some doubts it has more than enough connections of the Show Card to implement the blue module of 445nm; I am not sure of as putting the jumpers correctly.

sshot2mh.jpg

sshot1oa.jpg

And the second, what configuration Address Code interface, I have to select for connect the IShow LaserShow.

sshot3z.jpg

Show Card instructions:

http://www.te-lighting.com/eng/supports/specifi/show card.pdf

Best regards.

Juanma.

Last edited:
very interesting mounts-- new style to me.. did you make these or buy them..?

WOW!!

you have talent and Skillz.. ...very nice job on those and TY for sharing the drawings.

+ 2 for all that!!

belated welcome from TEXAS!!

vk2fro

Nice work! those dichroic mounts are seriously cool.

*sniff* another who has a working projector and has beaten me to getting the magic moving photons.

Then again I am aiming pretty high with a multiwatt setup to begin with (and pangolin quickshow!)