Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from South Florida!

Lobinberg

Hello LPF,

I am completely new to laser science. I'm fascinated with lasers and laser pointers. My only exposure to them extend as far as pocket lasers from novelty stores and the movie Real Genius...one of my all-time faves.

I'm here to ask questions, learn and maybe make some friends along the way. I have a super simple project in mind with safety as my top priority.

Thanks!

-Lo

Welcome to the LPF. This is the place to be if you are wanting to learn about lasers. I hope we can be of help to you.

Lobinberg

Much appreciated Paul. I have a very simple project in mind. Can you suggest a thread where I can respectfully post my question?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Lo; glad to see that you're thinking safety first! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

Much appreciated Paul. I have a very simple project in mind. Can you suggest a thread where I can respectfully post my question?
That depends on what you have in mind. There are sub-forums that are titled for different projects. If it is certain wavelength pointer, like a red one, put into that sub-forum.

Lobinberg

My brother and I used to melt and destroy GI Joe's when we were kids. I'm interested in purchasing a burning laser that can melt or at the very least burn a small plastic figurine or toy. My budget is 75-$100. I prefer Amazon or well-known vendors.