Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Nebraska

Seffers93

Hey everyone.

My name is Seth, currently living in the Omaha, NE area. I have zero experience with lasers. I’ve always been a techy guy and science lover, so of course once I randomly decided to buy a laser, I was permanently intrigued.

I’ve purchased a couple cheap “green” lasers from Amazon which ended up getting returned once I did some research. I did, however, order that light saber-looking 445nm laser from Amazon just out of curiosity. Mostly wanted to see if it could burn, and it certainly does. Not a fan of the host though. Just looks odd in my opinion. But.. I kept it.

Just yesterday, I received my Sanwu Pocket 445nm 500mW, and today received the batteries I ordered separately. This thing is COOL!! And tiny!

So of course, I’m wanting one of every wavelength and also more powerful lasers for some (SAFE) burning fun. I’m thinking about making my next purchase from JLasers. We will see.

In the meantime, I’m here to read some stickies and maybe do some build research for the future. My garage is currently a knife shop with a nice clean bench area that would be suitable for builds.

Hello Seth and welcome to the forum, you will find all kinds of reading in the archives, have fun and remember to lase safely.