Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld UV Laser

O.K. I'm a noob and my typing isn't great,,,,
If it is a direct diode and not a Diode Pumped Solid State, then why does it look like a DPSS (cavity and chrystal)? If it is a DPSS then it is pumped by an IR diode, most likely through KTP(?) or YAG, which doubbles frequency and halves wavelength (so 810nm IR would yeild 405nm),,, where am I wrong? i'm willing to learn and sorry for putting my foot in my mouth.
b.t.w. Calcite does NOT glow under blue or violet light. it reflects it. Some calcite glows under UV (it is called flourescence).

and error prone as I am, I ment to imply UV handheld, not IR.

I may be making mistakes, but I am willing to learn, besides, it appears that I, at least, gave some of you some laughs. I still say the WL E3 is a P.O.S.

Last edited:

I'd love to get my hands on some 308nm UV diodes, but the ones I saw in that range were for several thousand dollars.

yup, PIPE DREAM.... several 1000s of dollars for a Diode laser array for 308nm. It will never be portable. You need to cool a specific diode down to 168K and then freq double it. ... hey why not go 12x blu-ray.. it will do the trick for fluorescing things.