Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gunnar Gaming Glasses

Mag1c

Have any of you seen these or used them?

I like the design of them (apparently two higher ups from Oakley left and formed Gunnar, so the design is pretty much the same)

I don't know if i would even use the indoor ones for monitors or whatever, but i am interested in the outdoor models.

If someone can give me some good reviews of the indoor model or anything i'd appreciate it, most reviews i've found seem kind of worthless to be honest.

But am i the only one who think's they look pretty sweet?

Code:
http://www.gunnars.com/benefits.php

There is a link to the site if you guys have no clue what i'm talking about haha.

The only reason i posted this was because i was thinking of goggles for lasers and remembered these glasses and decided to ask about them!

Last edited:

Hell yeah they Look sweet! and if they actually work to decrease fatigue/damage and increase sharpness with LCD screens, they seem to be an invaluable tool if your job / hobbies call for them.

And for the price i think i might pick up a pair to try them out while I'm gaming... that is..when i get out of this god forsaken sand pit...
It's cool the Oakley guys didn't take they're high prices with them when they came up with this new Co. $79.00 for these, compares to $160+ (what i payed for my Flack Jackets) is nice!

Too bad i don't have a review to reply with...right now.... but ill get back to you... cause I'm about to order some :)

Last edited:

Mag1c

Hell yeah they Look sweet! and if they actually work to decrease fatigue/damage and increase sharpness with LCD screens, they seem to be an invaluable tool if your job / hobbies call for them.

And for the price i think i might pick up a pair to try them out while I'm gaming... that is..when i get out of this god forsaken sand pit...
It's cool the Oakley guys didn't take they're high prices with them when they came up with this new Co. $79.00 for these, compares to $160+ (what i payed for my Flack Jackets) is nice!

Too bad i don't have a review to reply with...right now.... but ill get back to you... cause I'm about to order some :)

Haha yeah the design and quality is just as good as oakley, they are just a new company.

Are you getting indoor or outdoor?

I can't decide, cause i'd like to wear them outdoor as well... haha

Well it looks like you have to choose what your going to need them for... indoor gaming... using a computer all day...staring at lighted screens all day. or outdoor activities... i haven't read about the outdoor variants yet... I've got outdoors shades :cool:

I'm going to get some (indoor/gaming) to see if they really work... if they don't work, then they don't... But if they DO.. then they will definitely be useful

How new is this Co?

Mag1c

Well it looks like you have to choose what your going to need them for... indoor gaming... using a computer all day...staring at lighted screens all day. or outdoor activities... i haven't read about the outdoor variants yet... I've got outdoors shades :cool:

I'm going to get some (indoor/gaming) to see if they really work... if they don't work, then they don't... But if they DO.. then they will definitely be useful

How new is this Co?

Relatively new, but MLG events people use them like crazy, and they do work from what i have read. Although i have not tried them myself

Well if they work for a bunch of "professional" nerds, then they should work for me lol. damn... they're out of the ones i want.... :(

Mag1c

Well if they work for a bunch of "professional" nerds, then they should work for me lol. damn... they're out of the ones i want.... :(

Haha i haven't even looked at the indoor ones, maybe i should... i was only contemplating getting the outdoor models.

Which ones were you looking at?

Oh yeah, just so you know, if you plan to use them and your into video editing or that type of stuff, they give off a yellowish tint so the colors will be off if that is effective to your job.

Apparently it messes with the hues or something and the colors are off

Mag1c

These are the ones i want! But they're out of stock

They have a clear lens style that doesn't alter your color perception.. but i don't know what those could do for you ??? :thinking:

hmm, that sucks. hopefully they get more in.

and yeah i dont know what i want haha.

I noticed your in Afghanistan? Do they even ship international?

Yeah... the USPS use a APO/FPO type of shipping, its essentially the same thing as mailing in the U.S. It just takes a lot longer. Some Co's. don't use the USPS... so some are not able to shit to a APO/FPO address...

Those are the Co's that get really nasty emails filled with lovely kind words from me :) A**holes....:whistle:

Last edited:

Mag1c

Yeah... the USPS use a APO/FPO type of shipping, its essentially the same thing as mailing in the U.S. It just takes a lot longer. Some Co's. don't use the USPS... so some are not able to shit to a APO/FPO address...

Those are the Co's that get really nasty emails filled with lovely kind words from me :) A**holes....:whistle:

haha ohh gotcha, my friend is in his basic training, and i never got to send him a letter, i didn't know how it worked.

Anyways, good luck on getting a pair, i will be looking out for your review!

Well, if he's in basic, that means he's in the States... so he wouldn't need a FPO/APO address...
I guess it would be a different address format that your probably used to, but you just need to find out what it is.

If I'm still hanging around here when i get to try em out I'll let you know if they are legit or not :)