Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

Re: FEELER: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

Just a quick question.
Is the 600mW $209 model the CTL-HM?
If so, PLEASE put me down for one!
I did a little research on it and have to agree it's a nice little projector for the money.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of...

Tmack

Re: FEELER: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

Indeed it is. This is starting to look good!!!!!

Well that makes 5 if we all get the CTL-HM :D
One of the buyers on the other forum is interested in the CTL-HL (1W professional) if we can still get a discount on the 600mW and he get a discount on the 1W. If not he is more than happy to get the 600mW with us. Great news guys. Hoping to hear back on that question tonight. If we cant get him the 1W on discount then we will all get the 600mW version and we can end this sooner rather than later so we get them ASAP! woot woot

Tmack

All smiles over here!!!! :D

I agree! I am happy we have the 5 needed and if we get some more interest in the next few days then all the better! Oh now to go tell the other forum its a go!

EDIT: one more unit claimed on the other forum so that makes 6 (maybe 7-8 depending on the two currently debating)

Last edited:
I am really sorry for the double post but I just got an email back from Casa and I may have some AMAZING NEWS. I sent them an email back to double check what I read was right but if it is, we are going to get a NICE discount above what was already quoted due to the higher than expected interest in these!!!!!! I think the possibility of selling 2x 1W units has shown them that we are serious and they want to attract more interest.

Let me tell you, if this price in my email is correct then some people might buy two or at least we will have another few buyers interested!!!!! :D :D :D :D :drool:

Sorry to tease you all but I dont want to give the price and them come back and say it was a miscommunication. Update coming within the next few hours, they are really good at replying quick at this time of night :D

TOTALLY WORTH A TRIPLE POST. DRUM ROLL......................

Hello Sean,
Sorry to reply you a little late.
After discussing with our sales manager, we will give you this price.
1 piece of CTL-HM is $187 with shipping to U.S.A., 5 pieces is $935

YES, you did read correctly $187 SHIPPED DHL for the CTL-HM aka 600mW unit

BOOM BOOM BOOM! We did it guys!!!!!

Oh and Casa is asking for everyones address so they can confirm shipping costs will be the same. Bajaiman, I already have your zip and state/providence (not sure what its called in Indonesia but I have it). Tony I have yours as well, duh.

@Coherent Thought, do you want to send me your city and zip code so I can forward that to Casa for an exact quote (should be the $187 they quoted but I'd rather send all out zips and cities to them so we have proof that its what they said.

@Bajaiman, they said it would just be the added cost of DHL so I'm guessing it will be ~$201.

OH and they said they prefer paypal which is awesome for us. Sent an email to see if they want everyone to pay individually or a lump payment. Im hoping its individually since its easier and we can also include our shipping addresses in our payment. There is no way I can include all the shipping address in one payment description box :(

Off to the other forum to collect their zips :D

Last edited:
You guys should have seen my face when I read Casa's email! I was like shat, the guys are going to love this!!!!!

@Bajaiman, you are very welcome. I am more than happy to do this for us. I mean in the process I am saving money too so heck, win - win! I am happy to do this at 0 profit since I love this community and am a sole believer in giving back. I may not donate to the forum as much as I would like (Tony is draining all my spare cash recently ;)) but informing members with info or GBs is my way of giving back. This would be my second GB this year (ill consider it the same year since it started last year) and the first one went flawless thanks to Calvin at IS and I can only hope the same for this GB!!!!

Since they are doing paypal, I would love it if they take each buyers payment from the actual buyer. If I have to send the payment as bulk then we are going to have to add the paypal fee from you guys to me (unless you want to send via gift but I would never ask for that in a GB, I also don't want to be the sole payer so fingers crossed they will do payment from each buyer :D)

Instead of updating the above post I figured I'd make another, to avoid confusion and put out an update to you all. The good news keeps rolling in!!!! Latest from Casa:

Ok, friend.
It is no problem to pay individually.
But in order to let us understand all information, please send us your
buyer's paypal account, email address, shipping address, contact person,
phone number and the interested model.
So that we can send the corresponding invoice to all buyer.
Thanks

WOOT WOOT, individual payments! Thats what I'm talking about! Paypal protection and FREE for us! Now I'm just hoping that once they send the invoices out they dont change the prices! If they do send an invoice, once I collect all the info and send it to them, with an incorrect price, DONT pay it, obviously, but PM me with a screenshot and I'll deal with them. If you dont pay it, it will not have a negative effect on your account, trust me I've done it before.

I had a company send my item and once it was sent they sent me an invoice saying opps, sorry you paid the wrong amount. You owe $xx.xx and I didnt pay it. Nothing happened and I got my item no issue. Could have been a phishing scam or legit but never heard from the company again :D

All buyers interested; Tony, Bajaiman, Coherent, would you mind sending me the info requested above so I can send to Casa, once everyone's info is collected, and then we can start paying for these and receiving them.........if you cant tell by now, this is ending next week if we can get all the info collected :D

To sum it up;
  • the email connected to your paypal
  • shipping address
  • contact name (you obviously ;))
  • phone number (not sure if this is needed? Dont worry I wont call any of you or give out your number if you do included it)
  • unit you are buying (CTL-HM 600mW unit)

Info sent!

Again, Awesome job with this GB. I have a feeling you'll have a few more takers once they see the price drop.
I found a dead link on Casa's site for a manual. I'll keep hunting.
I'm sure there's one out there for the CTL-HM.

I did find this datasheet. Not sure how current it is.

Tmack

I'm ready to hook this bad boy up to DMX in sync with the 3D! I strongly recommend the Chauvet 40. It's an awesome DMX an is more than enough for the casa.

I didn't know it had DMX until I found a pic of it.
That's one of the reasons I decided to go for this beamer.
Think I'll start researching the Chauvet too. Not having much luck with a USB DMX solution.

Maybe another GB for the Chauvet?? :crackup:

Tmack

Haha might be something. But it has 16 chanel so more than enough. You can run fog machines strobe lights I think 12 different fixtures (or close to 12) after I talked to Brucemir on the phone I got it in a few minutes. The directions are crap, but I'd be happy to email a tutorial to anyone needing help.

Last edited:
I have all the buyers info from LPf, very quick guys. I have a digital copy of the manual if you all want me to send you it. The paypal email address a good address to send it to?

DMX controllers might be a good GB next. I bet a few members of the LK GB might want those as well. As this one ces to a close, aka when they start shipping, I will look into if its possible to do a DMX GB.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I figures you'd all like the discounts. Casa said they could sell 1 or 2 1W professionals for $395 shipped if anyone is interested. I think I'm stixking with the 600mW due to being out of work right now but if anyone is interested in more info let me know. I have the manual for that unit as well