Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grounding!!! help plz LPF!

Can i gound myself through a usb port?, i have a laptop. Is there any ghetto way of grounding? and how can you tell if your grounded?
   Thank you  LPF!!,
  TONE1132

Are you upgrading your PC or something?

If you want to be grounded for lasers, just grab a long wire and wrap it around your wrist and wrap the other end to your table.

no PC, just a laptop. im military, not much room for alot of personal stuff. thats why i got this hobby now.

rkcstr

I suppose you could ground yourself with the metal plug part of a USB, if the computer itself is grounded when plugged in to the wall.  I don't know where you are, but DealExtreme ships worldwide and has free shipping, so you could order one of the anti-static bracelets for $1.80.  Also, grounding yourself on anything large and metal works well, or thru the ground hole of a wall socket (or better, so you don't accidently electrocute yourself with the wrong hole, usually the screw holding the wall socket face cover is grounded).

If you stuck with nothing to connect to, you could just stick a metal rod in the ground. pertty mush idiotproof ;D