Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good Choice for 50 mW Greenie?

Yeah, I have one post.
I know how annoying it is to have those leechers just drop by for a question without learning anything, but I've been making an effort to learn alot reading these forums.

Anyway, I think this is a good choice for a 50 mW, reliability, good site, fair price...any thoughts from some veterans?

Pocket compact Green laser 50mW [OLPG50] - $28.00 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

Thanks in advance for any responses =)

EDIT: some people on this thread about a similar topic said to go to LED shop, but they only have the "pen" style, which I despise simply on the basis of the look

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/site-green-laser-50mw-47501.html

Last edited:

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

mat.jpg

O-like is a good company, well spoken of.... But it sounds like you know that.

And customer support, a very important aspect of any purchase is also spoken of well here.

zaery

Depends on where you live!
If you're in the US, you can't buy a >5mW laser. In Australia, it's 1mW.

I don't know about other places, but check out your local laws. If they prohibit the laser that you want, then go DIY!

PS: For much DIY awesomeness, go here.

Yeah but if they ship it to US, its not my problem unless customs takes it right?

Do all the Americans here seriously not buy >5mW?

Yeah but if they ship it to US, its not my problem unless customs takes it right?

Do all the Americans here seriously not buy >5mW?
You already know the answer to the question. The question is how many get snitched by customs as they go through. :)

I have this exact laser.Before the website redesign it was called 50mW Torch It is one of my favorite Greenies. Nice tight beam, overspec@79mW peak/66mW Adv.
The only complaint I have is the rear-clicky rattles a little. Other then that minor annoyance, it performance is exemplary.
I've never heard of a O-like getting seized by customs.
Their name doesn't draw attention like, say, Dragon Lasers

Wonderful. I think I'll go for that then. How long is the battery life on these rechargeable CR-2's?

I'm hoping they are atleast 1hr+ and won't require me to purchase multiples to recharge.

Well reading this put me at ease a bit :) i ordered the 50mW green pointer from O-Like just yesterday, and some aixis housings from hightechdealz, and some goggles from O-Like aswell :)

I have this exact laser.Before the website redesign it was called 50mW Torch It is one of my favorite Greenies. Nice tight beam, overspec@79mW peak/66mW Adv.
The only complaint I have is the rear-clicky rattles a little. Other then that minor annoyance, it performance is exemplary.
I've never heard of a O-like getting seized by customs.
Their name doesn't draw attention like, say, Dragon Lasers
Guys: On that 50mW mini which includes the rechargeable battery, does it also include the charger?