Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gmail... Paypal Alternative?

DTR

BB, I feel ya. I don't know how comfortable I'd normally be with that, but DTR says they're offering him protection. It seems I have more reading to do.

I am set up as a merchant to receive payments for goods. These transfers that are being discusses in the OP are the same thing as sending gift payments with paypal.

google wallet doesnt look to have protection for anyone other than merchant accounts.

But what good is PayPal protection when you are buying a custom laser.... You can't really use the protection without getting yourself in trouble too.

I am not saying we should all jump ship I just wanted to show everyone that Google might have something really good in the works. PayPal is sorta a Monopoly right now with how many stores and people use it. Googe has the money and resources to compete with PayPal so I am excited to see how it plays out. Also I have Google wallet on my phone with NFC and it's pretty cool only used it once but I would love for Google to find a way to really integrate it in the android operating system and they are headed in the right direction with gmail integration.

pretty sure all andriod owners have a goggle wallet already but they just need to add their card to it. i have one from my old motorola and still have it with my S3

DTR

But what good is PayPal protection when you are buying a custom laser.... You can't really use the protection without getting yourself in trouble too.

What makes you believe that Google does not have the same rules against sales of such items? They just like paypal shut down all vendors of e-cig related products and juices which are not even banned for sale but stating they have not been proven safe and could possibly be a safety concern so I would believe they would also have issues with the sales of portable lasers as well.

What makes you believe that Google does not have the same rules against sales of such items? They just like paypal shut down all vendors of e-cig related products and juices which are not even banned for sale but stating they have not been proven safe and could possibly be a safety concern so I would believe they would also have issues with the sales of portable lasers as well.

More wishful thinking right now. I will do some research.

Since we are on the subject of online money what's this bitcoin that I keep hearing about. I haven't looked at it but has anyone used it.

its nothing special IMO, actually seems like more of a hassle since i think bitcoin is based on a system like gold (correct me if im wrong). read of people buying 1 bitcoin for something like $0.50-$1.00 back in the day but now 1 bitcoin is worth something like $300??? when i saw this i gave up on researching bitcoins. actually came across this since someone was trying to sell a bare HeNe "lamp" on here and it linked to the bitcoin auction.

could be completely wrong so dont quote me on any of that

I've used Bitcoin a couple of times. Was created as a form of currency separate from government control and tracking as well a fluctuations in the market. Didn't quite work out that way and there have been reports of accounts being hacked and compromised but that has happened with traditional banking as well. It gained some notoriety as it is often used for transactions were users need a level of anonymity. Political activists, dissidents and the underground online black market community. It is a little complicated and can involve PGP encryption and other forms of technical esoterica, but not impossible. I have my doubts about online privacy on-line though. Forum member Grix actually has a bitcoin laser store set up already.

~ LB

tonyt

I use bitcoin quite regularly. It is not that difficult to use at all if you research for 5 minutes. I went from knowing nothing about bitcoin to knowing alot in a day. As LininLoud says there were some initial problems and because the popularity of the currency rose so fast at the start of 2013 the value shot through the roof! It went from under $50 to a peak of "around" $300 (just under from what i remember) but it has now stabilized at around $100 which is what i believe it should be worth. If any of you want to know how to set up a "wallet" or transfer funds etc hit me a PM and i'll help you out.