Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB laser barrels

Kenom

there are a lot of smt components to solder on. Not that easy to do for a typical solderer.

Kenom,
Im not one to judge but how you attached the driver in the last pic seems a little fragile. It looks like there may be a problem with wires bending or being crushed (I had diode pins break off from being pulled :-[ ). I can undertand if you just threw it together. ;)

Anyway, I was wondering what is the spacer used for. Better yet, why do we need it? I forget.... :-/

Kenom

it's actually very stable aaronx987. I initially used wires to solder between teh driver and the diode itself and then hot glued it to the head. that way if it does start to turn a little bit the wires will take up a little slack. You can't see it in the picture but there is wire there. You could also look at Hemlock mikes example and do it that way as well. Just remember that your twisting the head into place and if the driver doesn't spin with the head your' going to eventually twist the pins on the diode and snap them off. I've learned this the hard way by breaking off the pins on 3 diodes so far in this head.

The spacer is for correct spacing in between teh tailcap and the clicky. If you set the clicky right on top of the tailcap eventually it's going to migrate and no longer have the correct spacing. The biggest problem I had with the prototype is I was always pushing the tailcap inside the barrel because there wasnt' anything in between the clicky and the tailcap. Now with the spacer, you never need worry about hte clicky not being able to actuate because of insufficient spacing.

Hi Kenom,

By all means, save yourself the work on mine - especially since I won mine in the naming contest - I'm a serious pro at soldering, and I'd be more than happy to do my own soldering, etc. I'll just be happy as can be with the barrel & stuff in kit form!

It looks like you've done a spectacular job making these things a reality!

Dave

Kenom

it's not me you need to ask to have the parts sent to you instead of getting it assembled. Bluefusion is. send him a pm if you want to assemble it yourself. I've assembled a few but certainly not 100!

Kenom

here is an example of the colors I'm looking at getting for GB 2.  it's an option that's open for this GB as well.\
Now believe it or not there are two seperate reds there and 2 seperate silvers.
the top red is bright red.  the bottom is plain red
the top silver is aluminum the bottom silver is silver
the brown one is supposed to be gold.  blech.

The very bottom picture is with the bright red used as a warning light to show before laser is on, and after laser is on.
hehe smart!

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Kenom said:
here is an example of the colors I'm looking at getting for GB 2. it's an option that's open for this GB as well.\
Now believe it or not there are two seperate reds there and 2 seperate silvers.
the top red is bright red. the bottom is plain red
the top silver is aluminum the bottom silver is silver
the brown one is supposed to be gold. blech.

The very bottom picture is with the bright red used as a warning light to show before laser is on, and after laser is on.
hehe smart!

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

lol, pic #3 OWNS!!!

I like that idea...

aaronX987 said:
Kenom,
You sure do take a lot of meds (pic 2).. ::) :eek: ;D
i donno, they look like vitamin supplements to me (big boy stuff, you wouldn't know about them ;D ;D ) JK!!

just a heads up man: careful with your comments! They may offend people even though They are not meant to... :-X :-X ;)

Kenom

oh yeah. letsee I got the don't poop liquid meds, the don't burp acid meds, I got the don't feel it when I pound my head on the wall meds, and lastly the allergies are driving me up the wall cause I can't hear a damn thing I've got so much fluid in my ear meds. Not offended at all but it could be a good point. hehe.

Kenom said:
oh yeah.  letsee I got the don't poop liquid meds, the don't burp acid meds, I got the don't feel it when I pound my head on the wall meds, and lastly the allergies are driving me up the wall cause I can't hear a damn thing I've got so much fluid in my ear meds.  Not offended at all but it could be a good point.  hehe.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, back to business....

Kenom, if the drivers will not be finished within the next week can you send me my barrels? I can't take it anymore, the anticipation is driving me insane...... Well, more insane that is. ;)