Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: 4$ heatsinks, 1.5$ aluminum modules AND more!

AnthoT

Can I wait until mine comes so I can test it because I bought the host from Jayrob so I'm not sure when it was purchased.

Ok, you can wait sure ;) but if you bought the host from jayrob before February ( or possibly later depending which he has ) then you are fine.

Blord

Shaving off 0.1mm isn't a big deal. I use a powerdrill with a 12mm bit. Attach the sink to it and sand it off untill it fits. :)

IMG_0797.JPG

AnthoT

Yeah it's not a big problem to sand off, if anyone wants I'll even send you sandpaper to sand it.

Also I've got 2 4 inch bars of 6063 aluminum left ;)

AnthoT

That looks like a SH032 :O and it costs less

And it's a nice host, nice find bud :beer:

FWIW, I had my machinist make two heat sinks for a host. I had them both, sent him one to make the sink from. He made, it fit perfectly, but the one I didn't send him - exact same flashlight - did not work. It was machined lightly smaller i.d.

So two flashlights bought at the same time had different measurements.

Welcome to China!

It is just a different culture and you have to be flexible. Also, we are pushing for lowest prices possible and when you do that, you sacrifice QC. It is just a given.

My point is that I don't think AnthoT can be hld responsible for the manufacturer changing THEIR specs. Another option is to sand the inside of the host, although that is harder than sanding down the sink.

AnthoT

FWIW, I had my machinist make two heat sinks for a host. I had them both, sent him one to make the sink from. He made, it fit perfectly, but the one I didn't send him - exact same flashlight - did not work. It was machined lightly smaller i.d.

So two flashlights bought at the same time had different measurements.

Welcome to China!

It is just a different culture and you have to be flexible. Also, we are pushing for lowest prices possible and when you do that, you sacrifice QC. It is just a given.

My point is that I don't think AnthoT can be hld responsible for the manufacturer changing THEIR specs. Another option is to sand the inside of the host, although that is harder than sanding down the sink.

That's true also, but I hosted the GB, I should take responsibility for the stuff people are getting. I want it to be good & inexpensive, but I can't control the Chinese flashlights or the manufacturer to a certain extent, I think I will have to buy a mini lathe to fix up small errors like this in the future,

But sanding it down 0.1mm is not hard at all, ;)

I bought my hosts after the GB was started. So definitely after February :)
I just got my heatsinks today, I'll see if they fit in a bit. If not I'll post back here.

I'll probably just sand them down.

Last edited:

AnthoT

I bought my hosts after the GB was started. So definitely after February :)
I just got my heatsinks today, I'll see if they fit in a bit. If not I'll post back here.

Good to know you got them before your trip :D

Let me know... If not you can sand it down 0.1mm it's not too much, but I'm
Going to order replacements for those affected I just need to know how many.

Cheech

I do have a solution for anyone in my situation. The heatsinks will fit a UniqueFire A10-B .. I am also sure there are other hosts that these will fit I just dont have them all.. lol.. Anyone having problems that finds a solution pls post your finds would be alot easier for us all.
also eytyxhs
Awesome, the search is on. I'm going to try the lights i have once i get mine. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Got mine today and they look great :D

I haven't been able to test them yet thought because the hosts I ordered haven't came yet. Well, they did come today but I missed the package.

The irony in that. The heatsinks and hosts came the same day and I ordered them a while ago.

AnthoT

Good to know you got them,

Hopefully they fit :) if not like I said for now they can be sanded & it will fit or wait for replacements.

Love the drill bit idea Blord! I will definately try it out. I dont think you should really be held responsible for this either Anthot. I think that .36 I will re check it moved and I was trying to do it all asap... If we can fix them with a drill and some emery cloth then that's good enough for me Look at the price for what we are getting. usually a aluminum heatsink costs more that tripple this in a E-store.

AnthoT

Well, I really appreciate you being satisfied with how they are, BUT I chose to host this group buy, I knew if something would go wrong it's pretty much me or china this time was china :p but whoever It ended being its not your guys responsibly to fix it as you didn't chose to host it, you guys participated, expecting working products, the SH032 heatsinks for some hosts are not working products, which upsets me..... And while people have found replacements, been lenient & satisfied with the stuff that's great, but some will not be satisfied, in which case I will at my own expense replace your defective SH032's... That's the risks people hosting GB's have to take I think... An honestly I don't plan on making another GB anytime soon, I had planned another modules one in aughust but with all the loses in GB's and for me this one in particular I can't do another one, I'm going to finish this one good, make sure everyone gets the stuff & is satisfied and they get a working product, then I'm done with GB's for a while ;)

Thanks to everyone who is being supportive & patient, it's greatly appreciated :thanks: