Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB#1st of PL-E Pro Lasers and PL-E 2.0/3.0 Clearance - May 2013

IsaacT

Which means there is likely more IR than just 45mW. Which means I might be looking at a 10-15mW 473. I may end up selling it for a loss and buying a CNI unit.

IsaacT

Just let me know. I am willing to take a loss on this. It is a good laser, and hak is working on the IR fikter solution, but I want to sell it and look into more expensive higher powered 473's.

IsaacT

Over time mine raises up from 20mW to 110mW as the overall output goes from 60mW to 150mW. The IR stays at 40mW.

THe IR issues are being solved- These do have an IR filter but the last batch were not nearly as good as they should have been.
If replaced- & no IR is then getting past the new filter and these still make 100mW thats 3X spec- not too shabby -- especailly for 300usd$

but feel free to head on over to Warnlaser or Laserglow - thay have many sizes of 473--

MEAN TIME

here are the three last Ti-Bs I have that are the first Generation=

Only one as a 'spot' its not very bright- I have tried to get you a pic of it- this laser is NOT returnable because of this spot- otherwise all warranty 6 months comes with.

THis post has he beam shots the one below the metering- LB1 still fairly accurate checked with a new radiant X4-
very close.

Attachments

• JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 018.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 018.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 51
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 019.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 019.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 52
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 020.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 020.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 60
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 025.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 025.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 026.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500- last 3 FS - 026.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
here are all three showing the peak output-
NOW this is NOT a quick spike to peak- all three start strong go to peak evenly and stay there - only when it slowly begins to drop do I start taking the PICs so the other figure is not all that important - these each have a battery that is charged but NOT over charged. Each metered around 3.9 vdc.

120029< this is the ONLY one with a 'spot' off from the beam spot.
12102601< this one IS branded
are the S/Ns from the original labels. still on these lasers.

all are NOS
no pre-owned- used- demos or 'other' just the last of those using the 14500
li-ion battery - each come with just one batt. these batts preform the same as the 16650 but need a charge sooner. peaks are pretty much the same.

all are 100mW rated-
the pics..

Attachments

• JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF  last 3 FS - 015 (1).jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF last 3 FS - 015 (1).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF  last 3 FS - 015.jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF last 3 FS - 015.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 59
  • JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF  last 3 FS - 015 (2).jpg
    JL Ti B 532 100 14500-4 LPF last 3 FS - 015 (2).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 61
Quick observation regarding any 445 lasers like the JL Pl-E- the Pro Pl-e and the 'rifle' 445

one Pro 445 rated at 2W was returned no batteries were sent back so i ATM do not know which ones the returning member was using- the rifle came with 16340 ultra-fires and when I tired it out the LPM barely made 400 mW then dropped steadily WAY down-

I had not tested the batts so into my charger they went- later I tried the rifle again this time it did climb faster but at ~500mW it stopped and began to drop once again right down to under 50 mW-

back in the charger and time later to try other 16340s in the rifle when i can-

tonite I went to meter the JL 2W 445 - without out looking I pulled the same ultraFs 16340s and they did the same with the JL- 500 or so then drop like a rock-

Clearly 2W or even 1 W of 445 needs a better battery and even the best may just be too little-if they are limited to a pair of 16340s-

that is a lot of power from two very small batteries-so I removed the ultra++and four DG 16340s from JL are now charging.

while waiting I put the wall wart ac/dc on the 2W pro-

wow!!

much brighter- and on the LB1 it shot very fast to more than 1150mW as that meter goes no higher-

so I am thinking that this 2W watt was MAYBE returned because the batteries that MAY have been used COULD have been no better that these two POS Ultra-fires-

One possible solution would be if Gray could have JL make an alteration to the battery tube for some other bigger size or maybe better. allow a second battery tube- 86 the sleeve and run this puppy of two 26650 JL Gold King Kongs-

we were able to do that with all the non Pro Pl-Es but in the pro line only the 445 can handle two KKs- as overcharged they make 8.5 to 8.6 vdc.

It would be a PITA to need to change out 16340s so often AND very un-like what we have become accustomed to from JL.

I will look for my other meter that goes to 2W and report back here asap.

BBL hak

what??
have you tried reading -- like this post for example- or the GB OP where most all are listed excluding the 589nm that has never been offered?
try JETLASERS.org
My spoon is in the dishwasher-

I think your question about a 'portable laser'at 473nm 'in the 50+ mW output range ' is strange. maybe spiteful??

since you seem to like French so much here is a word for YOU.

DOUCHE

Ahh come on.
Really?
I mean , at first we all thought it was a 120-150mW 473nm laser sold as a 10-30mW and then suddenly it turns out most of that is IR and it IS just a 10-30mW when we put it to the test , perhaps peak 50mW .

If wannaburnstuff didn't check it , we would be living our lives thinking we really got a REALLY REALLY sweet deal , that is a pretty shit move on their part ..........
Selling lasers without even testing for IR leaks at that price range....... you be the judge.....

No need to turn personal on me mate , just saying as it is

I'm not saying JetLaser is not a good company , all I am saying is , that mistake did quite a bit of damage of JL's image...
From a company with a golden heart , overspecs lasers at exotic wavelengths , great quality assurance etc.

To simply a good company who sell lasers more at less as advertised and may require further testing by the customers to ensure their own safety since most of the glasses we use only block the wavelength as sold, not IR....

I apologize if that has offended you in anyway, but if I can't voice my opinion on a public forum regarding the various discovery fellow members have with each products they've purchased , wouldn't that be rather totalitarian?

In the end , no product is perfect . We understand that , its always a matter of weighing pros and cons .
All I am saying.

huh.gif

Last edited:
You are brand new here.

We are not.

However your SHIT sign was meant is was offensive-

why not just delete it?

You have no idea about Gray and JL when it comes to this forum- Jl is NOT 'just another china drop-shipper vendor' & Gray is not just another company sales rep.

I regret jumping to the conclusion that the new Pro DPSS lasers had no IR filters- i had not thought that they may not have been the same or as good as the ones in all other DPSS lasers JL had offered.
All the less effective IR filters will be replaced and you will see that the 473Pro will still be the best deal we have or will ever see.
The track record for JL and Gray stands as proof of the quallity of the JL Lasers and the integrity of Gray. This IR filter issue , when you look at the overall history of JL here at LPF, is very minor in comparison. It will be solved.

hak

FYI
From now until i return from SELEM(~$400) and the LSO course (445$) I will be not able to give much of my time for any LPF activities. Sorry for the inconvience this may cause- i lost time due to back injury and other issues that were unforeseen and took time from my plans. Contact me ONLY if very important- I will try to reply asap.

for a better understanding i suggest you make an effort to attend a LEM. These happen in many places and many countries. Only by going to one- especially SELEM will you fully understand. Back full time after Aug 23--

DFW Laserists(or any willing to travel there)

one or two meetings will happen in your area just before and/or after SELEM. Please contact me for details- these will be MINI LEMs and also meetings to plan TEXLEM.II--

Last edited:
Ahh come on.
Really?
I mean , at first we all thought it was a 120-150mW 473nm laser sold as a 10-30mW and then suddenly it turns out most of that is IR and it IS just a 10-30mW when we put it to the test , perhaps peak 50mW .

If wannaburnstuff didn't check it , we would be living our lives thinking we really got a REALLY REALLY sweet deal , that is a pretty shit move on their part ..........
Selling lasers without even testing for IR leaks at that price range....... you be the judge.....

No need to turn personal on me mate , just saying as it is

I'm not saying JetLaser is not a good company , all I am saying is , that mistake did quite a bit of damage of JL's image...
From a company with a golden heart , overspecs lasers at exotic wavelengths , great quality assurance etc.

To simply a good company who sell lasers more at less as advertised and may require further testing by the customers to ensure their own safety since most of the glasses we use only block the wavelength as sold, not IR....

I apologize if that has offended you in anyway, but if I can't voice my opinion on a public forum regarding the various discovery fellow members have with each products they've purchased , wouldn't that be rather totalitarian?

In the end , no product is perfect . We understand that , its always a matter of weighing pros and cons .
All I am saying.

Thanks for your understanding -i very agree with what you said - yes it is a big mistake. Out of question.

And If Wannaburnstuff didnot check it, we would have checked it. We are very grateful that Wannaburnstuff checked it and provided new findings - enabling us to see the differences of AR Coating ir filters. We've been testing these ir filters purchased from varying vendors.

i didnot say a word about it is a good deal or not since the very beginning and these lasers were tested with LPM with IR fully filtered. I am also not in LPF often except being notified by PMs occasionally.

i've clarified also in the other thread already.
"Very sorry that it was tested with ir filter leakage.
I confirmed with our department today - all the 473nm shipped were added with the ir filter - the first several 473nms we assembled in advance is with a new AR coating filtered we purchased -

Now the new AR Coating ir filter seems to have specs issues - is it okay for us to send you some pcs of old ir filter which prove to be good for further testing?

A few hours ago when i read about the post, we again tested two different ar coating filtered - the old one we used to employ for PL-E Pro 532nms proves to work a lot better in filtering the ir residuals from 473nm.

The following dozens of 473nms we shipped to people in and out of lpf were added with the old irfilter for PL-E Pro 532nms - which proves to work better so far. And we metered these lasers with a detector/probe with also an ir filter cap, so we didnot find the extra output increased by the ir leakage.

BTW, i am a bit confused by the testing ir power by the goggles - just wondering if the goggles can block all 473nm? Better test it with plus without the ir filter and see the output difference.

Our testing record is 40mW+ for 3 minutes, with ir filter attached in front of LPM probe - so it is kinda weird to see it drop to only 20mW................

DEEP APOLOGIES!
Gray

"

Anyway, the right ir filter must be used to block all possible ir leakage and meanwhile, the ir power from 473nm is to be tested further. I will keep you updated.

Thanks Wannaburnstuff and thanks all you guys here.
Thanks again,
Gray

Last edited:
TWO very interesting accessories for your lasers.

I just got one of these- They are perfect for all large handhelds and IMHO well worth what JL asks. They are well made of nylon and adjustable to fit lasers from the JL PL-C /SKY etc up to the JL PL-E series. you can add one of these to any order from JL for only 10$usd (ONLY while still on sale). I will soon have some in stock here if you need any.

Other Kits - Jetlasers.org, Official Sale site for Jetlasers laser products.

As you can see in my last pic the Ti-B is too small for a 'perfect' fit AND when you Pl-E has the JL beam expander OR a second battery tube the holster is too short for the velcro to match up with the 'back' of the holster,
We are hoping to find a small version of this style of holster that would be a perfect fit for smaller lasers..

The other item at this link is the mousetail switch. Any JL with a WORKING jack in the tailcap can receive the plug on this and allows you to operate the laser without needing to touch the actual laser. These may make using a laser on a tripod or telescope easier. A similair switch is used on many weapon mounted lasers. This one has a click switch. Some made for weapons only have a momentray switch IIRC.
Mousetail Remote Switch for PL-E Pro lasers, portable lasers, flashlights

Also currently ON SALE at $8.99

NOTE: if your laser works both with and without the tailcap pin in place this switch will NOT work for your laser.

We are hoping to find a small version of this style of holster that would be a perfect fit for smaller lasers..

In two of my pics I have tried to show how much these can be enlarged to fit a laser that is longer than the JL Pl-E.

The strap is easy to adjust so that the slack you see is gone.

AND I guess you could use another piece of velcro straping to extend the strap length these holsters come with to make a longer set up- when you need to add to the length of the laser. (like adding a BE)

I hope this has been helpful.

hak

hak

Attachments

• HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 001.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 001.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 84
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 002.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 002.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 100
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 003.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 003.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 87
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 004.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 004.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 103
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 005.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 005.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 85
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 006.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 006.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 85
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 007.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 007.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 106
  • HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 008.jpg
    HOLSTER foor larger sizes of JL Lasers. 008.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
PAYING JETLASERS.........

As some know- PPal is not allowing use for handhelds over 5 mW.
AND Western Union has a bad rep. AFAIK because of some sellers using it to scam. I would NOT suggest WU when buying from an unknown or unproven seller.
The fee charged by WU is paid by the buyer.

Thankfully JETLASERS is neither and can be trusted.

The bank transfer method of paying Is not all that hard as you simply take ALL the info printed (copypasta) to the bank and they fill out everything for you- you WILL be charged a fee by you bank which varies- ALSO they will ask you to sign when all is filled out- BEFORE you do that compare your printed info closely with what your bank as copied. If you fail to catch any errors or typos its very likely that the transfer will NOT go through, you will have to try again BUT that fee will also be charged a second time.

When you sign it confirms that EVERY thing is correct-

If you ever need to send another bank transfer to a company again within a year AFAIK they will use your info from the first one again and this makes subsequent transfers easier IF no info or numbers have changed. My bank IIRC only does this if my last transfer happened in the same year. Your bank may do this in a different way. So ask.......

JETLASERS now offers free shipping with ALL orders paid by WU or bank transfer. DHL Express shipping from JL generally is around $40(or more)- so with the free ship you may even come out ahead as most banks charge less than 40$.

If you have accounts at more than one bank its wise to see which one will transfer funds to China for the least amount. I have seen a bank charge $15 more than a different bank. AFAIK all this info is correct but ATM this is all I know.

here is the link you will need-

Payment Options - Jetlasers.org, Official Sale site for Jetlasers laser products.

be SURE to ask JL to send you an invoice and take that with you to your bank.
Once you have made the transfer send Gray a message.
There WILL be TWO banking Fees you pay one JL pays the other.
the bank I now use to Pay JL only charges 30$ no matter if the amount sent is 100$ or 1000$
SO,, it makes sense to buy more at one time rather than getting several and paying once for each...

I hope this has been helpful. hak

Last edited:
UPDATE --BRAND NEW-- Jetlasers has just released their newest series 'the Equality'

Six wavelengths and several powers of almost each. Great size- looking a little like a PRO Mini-but an all new design..

the 635 -400mW looks like a great choice for those lacking the best shade of RED. much brighter than 660 - 640 and even 640nm.
The video shows the burning abilities of both.(Not sure which 532 this vid shows btw)

some take a single 18650 see details of all six plus nice photos here:
JETLASERS.ORG, SHOP JETLASERS LASER PRODUCTS ONLINE - Jetlasers.org, Official Sale site for Jetlasers laser products.

150mW 532nm Equality series Green Lasers Plus 635nm 400mW Red Lasers - YouTube
808-...$ 189.99
445-
405-...$159.99
473-389.99 (30 mW)
635 400mW ...$299.99
AND!! 520!! woot!! 50mW for only..$229.99

At 532nm
mW Price laser only
150...$149.99
300...$249.99
400...$299.99
500...$389.99
600...$499.99

PAY by Bank transfer or Western Union and your shipping is free!
AND AFAIK that is upgraded DHL Express-typically 72 hours or less. IIRC neither of these payment options will cost the buyer more than the typical-$40--SHIP COSTS.
sorry atm PAYPAL is(still) NOT an option.. (as per PP policy)

I'm interested in the 808nm, but not sure yet what power to order. I need to do a little reading on that wavelength. Nice looking host... kinda like a miniature PL-E.