Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB#1st of PL-E Pro Lasers and PL-E 2.0/3.0 Clearance - May 2013

Re: GB#1st of PL-E Pro Lasers and PL-E 2.0/3.0 Clearance - May 2013

^
Great to hear!

I'm just waiting until payday tomorrow so I can pay the rest of my bills and then finally request a final quote from him for one of those sweet 473s!

Okay - no problem . The 473nms are ready very soon. No rush anyway!:thanks:

Here is a better explanation of the question about both the use of a spacers and why the battery tube from the new series 'Pro' is NOT a PERFECT fit on the older now on closeout Pl-Es-
second Q first-
i do not think it was PLANNED this way and I am not sure it is as simple as JL ordering more

BUT the battery tubes for the Pro series do not fit the tailcap completely - the threads are the same but not as deep --thus there is a small gap you can see in the pics below- these tubes were never designed for use in the PL-E non-Pro series which is NOT intended to be ran with a pair of any batteries . but I feel this is better than just telling buyers that there is no way they can add a second tube/battery.

In the Pro series...
Just a single KK or 18650 is all that can be used- the extra voltage of two batts when FULLY charged is too much for the Pro series- ALL this means you will be replacing the battery sooner and not a whole lot moar=

no big jump or loss in mW

just a longer run before re-charge. These IMHO are as long as they need to be- adding the second tube and battery is a tad overkill.

In the older Pl-E series the tubes are made so that the user has a choice of button tops or flat tops- to make up for the slight diff in length the spacer works well and is used by other laser makers too.

if the laser had been made to use only one kind this would not be good. While the length would be perfect for one it would not work for the other- the spacer allows either kind.There is only one spring battery contact, the one on the tail cap is NOT a spring-

see also in the pics the 'gap' that we are seeing when a tube from the Pro is used with the PL-E non-pro- the threads DO match but the tailcap does not completely screw on- so a spacer can be used to close that gap and I have found an O-ring works well for this i have taken pics using the metallic silver host so you can see the O-ring better- also see here how the black Pro battery tube looks with the dark green Pl-E-

close but of course NOT a perfect match.

If any matching battery tube for Pl-Es can be found ,.of course these will be made available- but please try to understand that the older PL-Es are no longer being made- only the Pro series- sorry if this is a problem but please know that they are being sold ~100$ less than the prices when these first were introduced-- perhaps a 'Pro' for some would be the better choice.

Please feel free to ask any Qs here or by PM to myself or Gray--

Also I have copied the return policy for JL Lasers and posted it in JOG- I will be back there later today to post the warranty details there have been a very few 'changes' but we want all to know completely how the warranty works.

If you are joining JOG you MUST click 'group tools' and then 'add subscription' so you get an email when a new post or pic has been added. Failure to do that is not good.
Everyone is invited to join JOG past, present or future JL owners and any who just want to follow the latest. More laser photos will be added- they must first, IIRC, be placed in your photo albums at your profile page then you can move them to JOG-

hope this helps Len

Attachments

• JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (10).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (10).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 111
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (11).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (11).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 83
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (12).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (12).jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 89
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (15).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (15).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 90
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (16).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (16).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 97
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (20).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (20).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 92
  • JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (21).jpg
    JIM Pl-E O-ring and spacer- color differences 063 (21).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

need to start a new post for this.

below see some spotshots taken of the dot from a JETLASERS TI-B
distance between the laser and the old home movie screen (free at a thrift shop)
wa 18 feet. the pics w/o pointing my coopix through safet glasses shows a much bigger spot and 'flaring/scatter' then i saw with my eyes- you can see how really small the dot is after being 'filtered' I took these to show to the laser's owner.+
he returned it for replacement due to an artifact he saw-unfortunetly I do not see one- and his laser is better than average so what do I do? ig=f this one did not make him happy then any replacement will not either. He is welcome to take the refund and although I was tempted to just send it back as a different one--i do not roll that way.

but I would have no qualms over selling it again-

there is nothing wrong that I can detect, but as I have a few more that need homes i am not crazy about refunding either.maybe a few owners Ti-B 532nm owners can post pics of theirs w & w/o filtering. my personal TiB has more aritfacts as this one- but its one of the very first made by JL and although its not as powerful as many it still is 'special'.

the pics could have been better i did not use a tripod so most were worse.

Attachments

• Ti-B 532   pics of spot  w and wo goggles 005.jpg
    Ti-B 532 pics of spot w and wo goggles 005.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Ti-B 532   pics of spot  w and wo goggles 004.jpg
    Ti-B 532 pics of spot w and wo goggles 004.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Ti-B 532   pics of spot  w and wo goggles 007.jpg
    Ti-B 532 pics of spot w and wo goggles 007.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Gray - I sent you a PM.

need to start a new post for this.

below see some spotshots taken of the dot from a JETLASERS TI-B
distance between the laser and the old home movie screen (free at a thrift shop)
wa 18 feet. the pics w/o pointing my coopix through safet glasses shows a much bigger spot and 'flaring/scatter' then i saw with my eyes- you can see how really small the dot is after being 'filtered' I took these to show to the laser's owner.+
he returned it for replacement due to an artifact he saw-unfortunetly I do not see one- and his laser is better than average so what do I do? ig=f this one did not make him happy then any replacement will not either. He is welcome to take the refund and although I was tempted to just send it back as a different one--i do not roll that way.

but I would have no qualms over selling it again-

there is nothing wrong that I can detect, but as I have a few more that need homes i am not crazy about refunding either.maybe a few owners Ti-B 532nm owners can post pics of theirs w & w/o filtering. my personal TiB has more aritfacts as this one- but its one of the very first made by JL and although its not as powerful as many it still is 'special'.

the pics could have been better i did not use a tripod so most were worse.

Thanks Len - i see - sometimes there are random artifacts around the beam spot probably due to either dust or imperfections on the lens.
It might be caused by the scratches on the lens as well.
We have dozens of ti b lasers in stock and will pay more attention to it before shipping any out. :)

Last edited:

Thanks Len - i see - sometimes there are random artifacts around the beam spot probably due to either dust or imperfections on the lens.
It might be caused by the scratches on the lens as well.
We have dozens of ti b lasers in stock and will pay more attention to it before shipping any out. :)

TY Gray- I have it here but do not see the problem- maybe it was a spec of something inside the lens cavity and during the shipping it moved. but I am in communication with this buyer & we will make him happy. thanks for your comments.

Len

Boy that owner must be crazy..... :thinking:

Boy that owner must be crazy..... :thinking:

No not at all- these are not cheap lasers and every buyer is entitled to get a good one.

Some may be comparing apples and oranges and expecting all lasers to be similar . But DPSS and direct diode lasers are not at all the same- flat line graphs are the exception not the rule as the power move up/.

And as you go up in power it has been in my experience to see greater fluctuations in power and some mode hopping. Some do not realize the spot shape differences- round it always nice but not how all are. :wtf:

The 445 from the Kaseo PJs were made to come out as a rectangle/square shape as they all bounce off mirrors and end up as a shape that fits the Pjs needs NOT intended for handhelds etc. :yabbem:

Wings, artifacts, flaring, etc are all in most cases somewhat common and they do not make the output much lower. What one see when these lasers are greatly out of focus is not as important as what you see when focused to the smallest size. :shhh:

I will say this, however, if you are the very 'picky' type or a little OCD about your lasers then you may never be completely happy with every laser you get. It is a UNREALISTIC to assume all your expectations will be met every time. So this may not be the best 'hobby' for you. :tsk:

LEN
:angel:

I will say this, however, if you are the very 'picky' type or a little OCD about your lasers then you may never be completely happy with every laser you get. It is a UNREALISTIC to assume all your expectations will be met every time. So this may not be the best 'hobby' for you. :tsk:

I am extremely "picky" and have a lot of OCD, however before we go shooting me in the foot, I am also very understanding and I am aware nothings perfect.

My belief was that there was some defect or dust inside the cavity of the laser like Grey even mentioned being possible and I hoped you would be able to find such an issue as well, because that would be an easy fix as far as I understand.

Whoa-

I did not mean any offence.. as far as opening the front of any Jl that is glued shut I am not eager to do that- I think that would require a heat gun-- I think Gray may have meant 'his Techs" could fix it with ease not me.

I would only make it worse I bet. I will meter a few and send you one w/o any extra dots of the same power- and an extra item for your trouble if that is your desire- happy to reimburse the cost that you paid to send it.

I would have been kinder had I seen those extra dots before today. They are there. I will most likely mark it down to 99$ and sell it as-is with full knowledge of the issue- too $$ to ship it back so.. ANY TAKERS??

scratch and dent with no dents or scratches--

hak

BTW Guys I will put this here and in another post at this thread.

stuff you JL buyers need to read and know...

http://laserpointerforums.com/group...warranty-return-policies-276.html#gmessage962

hak

WANT!!!! Time to reexamine my finances...and maybe sell some things lol. Question: how long is the PL-E Pro? Also, is it fixed focus or adjustable?

Thanks,
Isaac

PS- with shipping, a PL-E Pro 532nm 500mW would be 420? Is that right?

^^^^^^^ your last question first-- yes that is both correct and awesome! ONLY 400$usd for a Pl-E Pro 500mW and shipping is 20$ from China or 18$ from Texas. quicker from China- & Gray will also provide a power graph.

The only better deal on the same power is a close-out Pl-E( non Pro) I have one here ready to ship new- full warranty spec or over. Pm for details.

$@) < code for 420 lol

no that was a typo if you see me using '4' as the first number in a price it was supposed to me a $= same key upper (or higher) case-

about the focus JL has lasers that are fixed focus but most are focusable.
it always in the title as 'fixed focus'. the pro is the same length as the old PL- E === 11 inches with single battery tube.

Shipping from China is $40 for some buyers gray MAY split that with you- if your laser is ordered and paid for thru me you save on shipping too, except its more like $22 less. and you get three power graphs plus inspection. Any 'flaws' I detect will be passed along before I reship-
if I deem the laser to be below par I will return it for you and see that a new one is sent.

best time to get batts is when I re-ship to you. far cheaper too.
JL no longer ships batts to USA. I do that for JL.

hak

ps this is worth saving.

http://laserpointerforums.com/group...warranty-return-policies-276.html#gmessage962

Last edited:

gismo

Finally I'd like to express my massive thanks for everything Gray's delivered during the whole process of communication, support and business while ordering 800mW 532nm PL-E Pro from jetlasers.org.

It's been a pleasure and I know for fact I'll be coming back to jetlasers.org in the future, because their service altogether delivers what a customer/buyer expects and even goes beyond in a surprisingly pleasing way:beer:

All the best to Gray and his team!

rep added at least for this thread:angel:

Last edited:
I wanna hear/see what these 473s got.
I've been searching for a good deal, now all I'd need is some artistic pictures :D

EDIT: Just saw Speedy's review. I'm pretty much sold on it. All I would need is a 18650 charger.

Last edited:
Love my PL-e 800mW :D

a4cf7Vq.jpg

:drool: