Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Game: Guess the mystery object !

HIMNL9

Piferal is right, here is called foldable balcony, or "balconcino a scomparsa", in Italian, but that is ..... a balcony for houses that does not have the space (or permissions) for have a fixed one :beer:

@ millirad: i don't know the name ..... anyway ..... the right part, i have already seen something similar, as a "tool" for demonstrate acoustic phisic ..... that "C" shaped variable tube that demonstrate the reciprocal elision and cancellation of two acoustic waves in phase opposition ..... the part on the left, instead, i don't know ..... can be the acoustic electromagnetic excitator (maybe just an EM horn :p), but it look too much complex, at first sight ..... maybe is an old EM vibration sensor, hooked on the resonant chamber, for detect when the two waves are totally cancelled ? (pure speculation, i can't see enough for be sure, about this).

As alternative, but with the same principle, it may be the same tool, but built in "reverse" ..... i mean, the object on the left can also be a vertical electric motor (the upper part looks similar to a Watt regulator), and the resonant tube may also have the "horns" (or maybe sirens), acted from the motor, so you demonstrate the cancellation principle when, regulating the tube lenght, you hear no sound coming out from the tube ..... both the systems can work, for this demonstration, after all.

If not this, then i've no ideas.

Millirad: Guessing based on the Odysseus hint (although i don't know a huge amount of Greek mythology) is it a siren? :p

Ding! HIMNL9 and JaiNobeZ are dual winners! It is an acoustic physics device that contains a siren.

HIMNL9

Ok, then guess the name of this one:

33f9s7q.jpg

HIMNL9

Not a pepper mill, and about the dispenser, you're on the right path (but you need to say me also dispenser of what, otherwise is too much generic :p)

Another help: is related to food (but not to spices :D)

EDIT: it also have his own commercial name, if you prefer to say me that one :eg:

Last edited:

HIMNL9

LOL ..... well, piferal was close enough (and i need to go to sleep), so i can say he's the winner ..... it's called "one-click-butter-cutter" :p

Your turn, piferal :beer:

:thanks: :crackup:

Ok, I think this one is easy.

whats this?

Last edited:
Well, if it were microscopic it would mean that the object was able to slide along a surface in one direction but would generate large friction the other way.

...Idk... what biological structure has that property?

Originally Posted by benm
Is it part of a plant, or something totally different?

Is part of an alive being, but it is not a plant :yh:

Last edited:
The hair on a geckos foot

No, is not a Gecko, sorry :angel:

Well, if it were microscopic it would mean that the object was able to slide along a surface in one direction but would generate large friction the other way.

...Idk... what biological structure has that property?

Yes, in effect is a microscopic image ;) of a portion of an animal, but not a Gecko.

This structure add color to the animal when the sun shines on it.