Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pocket Mini Build Kit! - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Well...

I think your going to like this. I know that I do! ;)
Jay

jayrob

Ok... I hope we didn't over build this, but I think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread! :cool:

What else can you expect form the mind of Senkat?

There's this stuff called Tritium...

* Yes it is radioactive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
* No, it is not really harmful... As long as you don't ingest it.

This stuff GLOWS for over 10 years! Not like a normal glow in the dark item. It GLOWS on it's own! :D No light needed for this stuff to glow. (it just looks 'off white' in daylight - like a very tiny grain of rice, but smaller)

So the option is to have your host 'inlayed' with a Tritium marker! :)

Blue, green, or red... your choice.

Here are the pictures...

Tritium6.jpg

Tritium4.jpg

Tritium5.jpg

Tritium1.jpg

Tritium2.jpg

Tritium3.jpg

The glass vials are tiny... just under 1/16" in diameter, and about 1/5" long.

Note: The hosts are not all perfect, and the areas for machining the slot on the hosts vary in width. I will get the slot as straight as I can, and it will be very nice. But there are imperfections in the hosts when you look close. So please cut me a little slack in that area. :)

Then the Tritium marker will just be glued in with clear silicone.

Before you ask, Greg is my contact for the Tritium. I don't sell it by itself, just in this upgrade for the Pocket Mini Kit or the DIY Green Kit.

And I also want to mention that Greg is stocking my Pocket Mini Kits in his store, Stonetek.org. He is able to offer 'upgraded' kits that have more parts, including FlexDrives.

As you may have seen, I do offer a FlexDrive 'HOT option' as well.

The price for the 'Tritium Marker' upgrade, which includes the machine work and the Tritium vial set into the slot, is $24.99

If you already have one of my kits, you can send me the back 'barrel' portion of the host, and I can do the modification for the same price. Plus return shipping...
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

It is used in several things, one of the things it is often used for is a high end wrist watch. To mark the hours or hands...
Jay

That is...COOL! might pick one of these pocket mini hot options with the tritium very soon ;) Great job jay!

jayrob

Thanks! :)

Greg's idea, my implementation...

Just let me know when your ready!
Jay

I'm impressed, Jay ! JUST got back from surgery - gonna lay down for a bit and whine now (hahahahaha !) but it was great coming home, and seeing this waiting for me ! GREAT WORK !

jayrob

Thanks Greg!

Oh that's right! You told me you were going under the knife.

I sure hope it went well!!!

I'm sending your kits and other items today. :)

Talk to you soon...
Jay

WRM

Tritium has been used as a dial marker medium on many high end watches for decades. In recent years most watch manufacturers have moved to Superluminova, a non radioactive, non-toxic material. Rolex continues to use tritium. The half life of tritium is 12.32 years, so this stuff will glow nice for quite some time and will still be half as bright in the year 2021. Bill

jayrob

Ahh... 12 years is the half life! Good to know. Thanks for that information!

nastynick, your Pocket Mini Kit will make it to the Post Office today! (Friday)

Greg, same goes for your kits and other items! :)
Jay