Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Odds and Ends Lot (Optics, Lenses, Drivers, Laser Parts)

rhd

Open to offers, starting this at $40

Some odds and ends that I've collected, and would like to pass on to someone else before moving. I'll take offers on this collection of stuff, starting at $40 (Canadian) plus shipping. Shipping can be whatever service you'd like. Visit Canada Post - Mailing, Shipping, Marketing, Shopping, Sharing if you want to estimate costs to your location.

I'm sorry, but I won't separate anything out. This is one lot of stuff.

32462d1303932468-fs-odds-ends-lot-optics-lenses-drivers-laser-parts-.jpg

8x (pcs) Laser Drivers
- I don't know exactly what they are, but at least 2x are boost drivers from OdicForce (the two on the right). Most of these are untouched, but the ones with leads soldered on were only used to test whether they could be paralleled two at a time.

8x (pcs) 5W 1 Ohm resistors
8x (pcs) 3W 0.68 Ohm resistors
16x (pcs) 3W 0.82 Ohm resistors
- The high wattage resistors are great for creating DDL based labbies, but they're super beefy resistors that you could use for other purposes of course also.

5x LM1117 Regulators
- These wire up just like an LM317, but drop only about half as much voltage! The only thing you need to do differently vs a typical LM317 DDL circuit, is you need to add a capacitor on the input too!

32463d1303932468-fs-odds-ends-lot-optics-lenses-drivers-laser-parts-b.jpg

14x (pcs) Assorted Glass Lenses / Optics
- Basically, a big grab bag of convex, concave, convex-concave, etc lenses. I think the majority of these came from a projector. No measurements or specific details about any individual lens, sorry.

~12x (pcs) Original 445nm Glass Projector Lenses
- Most people have probably encountered these before if you've worked with 445nm diodes. They're the original glass lenses used for collimation inside the projector.

32464d1303932468-fs-odds-ends-lot-optics-lenses-drivers-laser-parts-c.jpg

2x (pcs) Glass Laser Collimating Lens - M8x0.5 - 445nm coated
2x (pcs) Glass Laser Collimating Lens - M8x0.5 - IR (808nm) coated
- These are M8x0.5 not M9x0.5, which I didn't pick up on when I ordered them. It means they're a bit smaller than typical Aixiz threaded lens and can't be used without some ingenuity in a normal Aixiz mount.

32465d1303932468-fs-odds-ends-lot-optics-lenses-drivers-laser-parts-d.jpg

1x (pcs) Aborted Makeshit 445nm
- This may or may not add any value to the lot of items, but I'm including it anyway. This was the result of some tinkering to see how this host would work and look as a 445nm laser. The heatsink is epoxied (both thermal in some spots, and regular in others) to the head. The driver is one of the DX LED drivers that we've discussed here and there on these forums (can't remember which). There's an aixiz module and 445nm diode installed in this creation, and copper wire creating tension inside the body tube in order to tap the (-) battery feed.

Problem is, it doesn't work. I never took it any farther to figure out why. It might be a bad driver, a dead diode, a bad design setup, a faulty tap of the host (-) battery feed, I don't know. The way this guy was put together, you'll have trouble investigating the problem. If I remember correctly, the module and heatsink are fairly "permanently" installed inside this host. You have fairly unobstructed access to the driver though. At any rate however, as mentioned, this is in here as an afterthought. You may not see much value in it.

------------------

So - I'll take offers starting at $40 (Canadian) plus whatever shipping you'd like to use. Examples:

Within Canada: Probably $5 to $10
Expedited Parcel to USA (6 to 8 business days, insured, trackable): $18
Surface Parcel to USA (4 to 6 weeks, insured, not trackable): $10
Elsewhere in the world: PM me

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 586
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 835
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 788
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

rhd

Changed the opening / starting price to $40, and added specific shipping costs to the bottom of the post. $10 or $18 to USA, depending on type of shipping requested). Within Canada will be LOWER, rest of the world HIGHER (but not by much)

rhd

Hey,

I'm not actually sure - I'll have to see if it is packed in the box of personal items that are arriving tomorrow (just moved). Will update this thread if so :)