Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ***MXDL Custom Machined Heatsinks***

jayrob

Your welcome! :)

bmw328aw, your 3405/Aixiz version 2 heatsink and other item are shipping today! (Tuesday)

laser-wholesaler, same goes for your sku 46 heatsink and o-ring...
Jay

jayrob

LMR, your 3405/AixiZ version 2 heatsink and other items are being shipped today. (Friday)

Elijah, same goes for your3405/AixiZ version 2 heatsink...
Jay

Real quick question here. Is the 4171 a reverse clicky or forward clicky? Cause it seems the only forward clicky flashlight I have used/seen has been my Surefire. And I really like it, and always wondered why the reverse clicky is used so much. All the flashlights I have gotten from DX have been reverse. Did SF patent forward clicky or what?

jayrob

It's a reverse clicky, but you can change out the switch easy enough if you get some forward clicky swiches!
Jay

How do I go about doing that? Do I need to buy a whole separate tailcap + switch, or do I just disassemble it and switch a few things around?

jayrob

The tail cap is a tinker toy. It comes apart easily. You will have to find a switch and just replace the stock one. You can browse DX to see if they have one in their 'Flashlight DIY Parts & Tools' section:
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.917~page.1

I know that they sell some flashlight hosts that have a forward clicky. So hopefully they have the switches by themselves...

But really, the reason for a forward clicky is to have a momentary on option correct? But with a tail cap switch, this is kind of awkward anyway...

Why not just go with the reverse clicky?
Jay

P.S. Heres a build that I did using a host from DX that has a forward clicky:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231869307

Hi Jayrob, I received the package and they are very nice.
Thank you very much!

Forward clicky is much better IMO, momentary on is where its at.   My surefire has this and the other flashlights from Dx that I have gotten are all reverse, and it just doesn't feel right.   I just like to have the option to lightly push it for a momentary on, then if I want it to stay on I just continue to click it.   It just makes more sense for a flashlight to have this option, as for a laser its a nice option to have.   Since most handheld lasers have the momentary push button deal, so it's what I am used to.

But let me ask you, why do you like the reverse clicky? This has baffled my mind why people tolerate this option for flashlights.

jayrob

jojobos, glad you like! Thanks for posting...

leukoplase, I think the forward clicky is great! But since most of the hosts that are available have a reverse clicky, I have accepted it. It's not that I prefer it or anything, but just that it does not bother me... Not at all!

laser-wholesaler, I don't know about 'best', but thanks for the compliment! :)

Tachyon, your 3405/Aixiz version 1 heatsink is shipping today! (Monday)
Jay

jayrob

Toml2273, I am shipping your 4171 (new style) / AixiZ version 1 heatsink today. (Tuesday)

nateh202, same goes for your 3405/AixiZ version 1 heatsink...
Jay

jayrob

spaceman_hux, just to let you know that your (old style) 4171/AixiZ version 2 heatsink is shipping tomorrow. (Thursday)
Jay

Ace82

I just thought this picture would be appreciated in this thread, although I did post it in the MM section. :D

Attachments

• MXDLS_001.jpg
    MXDLS_001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96

jayrob

Dude! I must have missed those pictures...

Very nice builds and beam shots! Good use of those heatsinks! ;)

Please tell me details about the green one?? O-like module in one of my heatsinks? At 4.5 volts?
Jay