Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS> 1W 445nm laser ~200 (Pic heavy)

I am wanting to sell my hand-held beast ;)

If you are interested, I will not sell to anybody under 18. No exeptions. Addiotionally I will be using ebay/paypal for the security sake.

Batteries are not included.

Description:

This laser is an 18650 host, with a monster heatsink (aluminum) The finish is black, and the beam is blue (445nm) The dot is clearly visible in day, or night, and the beam is slightly visible in the day (But amazingly bright at night)

The diode is one of the casio xj-a130 (I purchased it from dtr) and the diode is housed in an aixiz focusable housing+a 445nm glass AR-coated lense.

Pics:

a9dsf9ad.jpg

camerapics007-1.jpg

999.jpg

s005-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

040.jpg

0000000.jpg

If you are interested, please email me at technophiliac411@gmail.com

Last edited:

Did you make the heatsink---nice.
Whomever gets it should get a focus adapter -Moh has best price. Looks good- would look better with the EZ focus. I did not see the price?? Taking offers?

GL
I have too many or I would offer- It looks like it would have a great duty/rest cycle ratio.

seasons greetz !

somebody should make this a holiday present... to themselves...lol

hak

edit--tail clicky -correct?

Last edited:
No. The person I bought the host from (helios)custom milled it from a lathe.

It has a phenomenal good duty cycle. But I would recommend purchasing the ez adapter and a g lens with this laser.

The reduced price is $165 shipped for everything.

Also, there is a slight grounding problem with the tail cap (yes, this is a tail-clicky build. (a solid one too.) but I will just send the buyer a video how to fix it.

Last edited:

rhd

The host/kit was from Helios - and it really IS a fantastic host.

However, if you haven't LPM'd it, I would assume there to be almost no way that this is outputting 1W, let alone 1W+.

Judging by the age of this host, that driver would have been one of the original "1W" O-Like/Aixiz, etc drivers, not the ones they now claim to be 1.5W (or even higher?)

Anyway, the "1W" O-Like/Aixiz boost drivers generally were reported to put out about 800 to 850mA if memory serves. At that current, with a standard 3-Element lens, and a standard A130/A140 diode, I really wouldn't expect more than ~700 mW of actual output.

Last edited:
Actually, I purchased it from ebay for $29.99.

It is almost picture-perfect like the o-likes driver, but it has very, very minuscule differences. The seller I bought it from claimed a max output of 1250mW-1.5W

I don't have a lpm, but I can say that it feels like a >1W laser. Idk about 700 though...MAYBE a 795mW but I'm pretty sure it's 800+

Is there anywhere I can possible get this laser tested? I'm not interested in purchasing a lpm and I am trying to sell the sucker lol :p

Total costs to me: $184

Host/kit: $25
Diode /w leads: $55
Glass lens: $14.50
Housing: $8.99
Driver: $29.99
Thermal adhesive: $16.49
Glasses: $35

My price: $165

I'm losing some on this, but I believe that it is because I bought these in their prime, and prices were very high. (I would have never paid 30.00 for a driver, but there were only three on eBay for several months, and no websites were selling drlava's anymore. So I had to bite the bullet on that one.

Actually, I purchased it from ebay for $29.99.

It is almost picture-perfect like the o-likes driver, but it has very, very minuscule differences. The seller I bought it from claimed a max output of 1250mW-1.5W

I don't have a lpm, but I can say that it feels like a >1W laser. Idk about 700 though...MAYBE a 795mW but I'm pretty sure it's 800+

Is there anywhere I can possible get this laser tested? I'm not interested in purchasing a lpm and I am trying to sell the sucker lol :p

Total costs to me: $184

Host/kit: $25
Diode /w leads: $55
Glass lens: $14.50
Housing: $8.99
Driver: $29.99
Thermal adhesive: $16.49
Glasses: $35

My price: $165

I'm losing some on this, but I believe that it is because I bought these in their prime, and prices were very high. (I would have never paid 30.00 for a driver, but there were only three on eBay for several months, and no websites were selling drlava's anymore. So I had to bite the bullet on that one.

You can't really feel the power of a 1 Watt Laser... it needs to
be metered to know.

I have no idea where you live on the planet... (nothing in your
profilew) but if you are near Montreal Canada you can make an
appointment with us and we can test the output of your Laser.

Jerry

Last edited:
What I meant was, when I watched videos & talked to people who had <800mW lasers, and showing video comparisons, we noticed that mine is more powerful than its >800 counterparts. Also, when I bought the host, Helios Said that he would not be making them anymore, and if he did it would not be so cheap, so the price probably went up for them.

Also, I live in north California, and I would only purchase a lpm if someone wanted to buy it off me for what I got it for.

Last edited:
I'm in the So Cal area if ou ever travel down. I have a Radiant Alpha meter that was just calibrated by the maker last year.

If you cover shipping both ways I'd be happy to meter it for you too. I've done a few locally already.

-Dave

You sound pretty honest.

Unfortunately, I have a rule that I can't trade/buy from any new members.

And since I rarely travel I don't think it will be a possibility. Thanks a lot for the offer though!

Also, I drastically marked down the price, hopefully I can get the much-needed $$$ :3 wish me luck ha!

Lol.

What I mean, is that I am part in other forums & high-up in some. So I have a general rule for people I don't really see often, or know that well.

Last time I shipped a old laptop to a guy who was a member for 1yr & had over 1k posts and like 40 reps, I never got it back & he deleted his account/contacts.