Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1.8-2W 445nm Maglite 2C Laser!

JLSE

Perhaps put a limitation on non-vets of 1 sale per month.. The restrictions
could include all sales be done in open forum, and if any deals are made via PM
the member is banned.

To enforce this, all it would take is 'undercover' mods or vets who try to purchase via
PM or email, and if the non-vet tries to sell :banned:

OR a restriction on max output to class 3b. Not that there isnt hazard with 3b's,
but at least less hazardous...

Just an idea :can:

jayrob

Jayrob, Your Right and You should be able to speak what you think and not fear the Noob 100 post bashing idiots, Thats Right i said It!

This is Crap, you can;t pull that crap, quoting people on there own build and acting like it was said about your noob butt build.

Jayrob you Own!! And the fact that you show us how we can make our own lasers and you gave all the information and work it took to make a lot of what we do possible.

This is Shameful, and you owe the people who spent the $$ a working unit Sparkles!! Charge as much as you do for some 1/2 butt piece of work and when someone needs a repair your going Charge even More?

We need seller guidelines IMO. Think About this Everyone, The sellers on this forum have a direct impact on our hobby and the laws guiding it we should have guidelines for the people who are selling things like this. Not the guy who sells his laser but people who are like this trying to fling 1.5W lasers to any noob with a PP account, this is Getting outta control and if we don't start weeding out this kinda crap we are going kiss our hobby good bye.

This lame wont even back up his Expensive Crap and thats why he is Lame.

Well look, thanks for the props :beer: ... but really, I don't 'own'. (edit: Don't own a patent)

It's a great hobby. I learned all that I know from others. Just as DTR did, and everybody else. Of course we all have our own ideas that we put into our builds and stuff. But usually with the help and advice of the collective! :) (P.S. Props to DTR for putting a FlexModP3 in a handheld! = Awesome!)

I'm just trying to say a few things that kind of 'cool things down' a little.

It's easy to let a hobby turn into a business. Especially when your out of work. And there are a lot of people in the same boat.

So it's nice that the vet sellers have a mutual respect for one another, but really, respect is all that enforces.

Not sure to what extent anything can really be enforced or policed. It's just a matter of common courtesy, and I think that's about as far as it can go.

But I don't know. I just don't want it to blow up into a big huge drama thing that takes away from the hobby...

Last edited:
Well said Jay and like idiots the drama will come and go we can't stop that only keep it down to a mild roar.

jakeGT

The fact still stands that this guy has sold over ten lasers, with false power output claims, false run time/ duty cycletime, and is probably killin everyone of the lasers he sold and not giving two shits! He clearly doesn't care about romogracie or else he would fix that (and everyone's laser he sold) for free , since they were sold under FAlSE claims! Grow some nuts sparkles, Don't be a little girl

Sparkles if you sell a build kit you can sell as OEM, if you sell diodes the same is valid. What you are selling is a complete and assembled product which is a different story. You can not use the word OEM to neglect your responsibilities as an OEM manufacturer. Had you sold the host and diode separately it would be a different story however that is not what you are doing so from a consumers and authorities point of view you are breaking the law.

jakeGT

and your still making false CLAIMS. in the title it says 1.8-2W lasers! the member who LPM'ed your crap said many of them were 1.7W!
That is A LIE. And Who knows how many (11 if i guess right) were not LPM'ed with claims of 1.9-2W? that is a lie, this whole sales thread is made up of FALSE CLAIMS.

I offered to test one on my LPM for free as an independent party..

:whistle:

The whole comedic response thing set off the red flags for me.

-Dave

Perhaps put a limitation on non-vets of 1 sale per month.. The restrictions
could include all sales be done in open forum, and if any deals are made via PM
the member is banned.

To enforce this, all it would take is 'undercover' mods or vets who try to purchase via
PM or email, and if the non-vet tries to sell :banned:

OR a restriction on max output to class 3b. Not that there isnt hazard with 3b's,
but at least less hazardous...

Just an idea :can:

Honestly, these Types of sales will hurt our hobby, I agree with you 200% Wannaburn.

We really need to start self regulating. Or we will have the law do it for us soon. Seriously we need to start doing something like this.

No one should be selling lasers with False information. It's just Wrong.

JLSE

Honestly, these Types of sales will hurt our hobby, I agree with you 200% Wannaburn.

We really need to start self regulating. Or we will have the law do it for us soon. Seriously we need to start doing something like this.

No one should be selling lasers with False information. It's just Wrong.

Even though the regulations are lax in canada, i've given my hand helds a second
thought..

The power of these things keep going up, I think its time to at least add a key switch
to mine, and 'armed' LED indicator...

I trust the people I sell to, or I would not sell.. Even with that, there is always the
chance one of my lasers might get picked up by a kid and we all know what the
consequence there could be.

For those interested ive got a batch of key switches coming... If you want to purchase,
and add to an existing laser, let me know and I will only charge my cost plus shipping.

I ordered these express for 30$ extra, so the cost of the next batch will be slightly
lower...

SLPbum

A Key switch isnt a bad idea at all.
Not a code like the arctic has but a "easliy" removeable key.
Must be inserted and turned like an ignition switch.
Just my Two cents... minus one.

RDCII

JLSE

A Key switch isnt a bad idea at all.
Not a code like the arctic has but a "easliy" removeable key.
Must be inserted and turned like an ignition switch.
Just my Two cents... minus one.

RDCII

I ordered a couple of these just because it has the switch $25.20 - SD-301 Focusable 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Battery Set (1*18650) - Green Lasers

For 25$ it comes with the lowest 'binned' greenies and you get the charger and
a dead battery for your trouble.

Why is it every battery ive got from DX that comes with a laser, usually 18650's, are
always dead? :thinking: ¡ʞɔns sıɹǝʇʇɐq ǝǝɹɟ ɹnoʎ 'xp noʎ uɯɐp

Anyway, good host that comes with the protection...

Last edited:
That is not quite true. Here is what happened in chronological order according to all of our PM's...

1. My laser breaks after a 10-minute LPM test

2. You refuse a free repair and ask me to ship it back to your friend's place where you do your laser work so you can quote me a repair cost

3. I ask how long it will take to repair assuming it's the diode and then ask if I can drop it off and pick it up the same day

4. You say about 2 hours and you'll call me when you're back in your friend's area

5. I ask if I can exchange my laser for another 1.9W unit and pay $30 for a potentially fried diode

6. You say you'll repair it for free only if I ship you the laser along with a new diode

7. I say I'm not 100% sure it's the diode and ask you how much exactly you want for a new diode or driver since I'm on a limited budget

8. I get no response

9. I post on your sales thread and ask you again to PM me a price quote for a new diode or driver

10. You finally respond and tell me to call your friend to pick up my laser, but still won't give me a price quote for repair

I am done dealing with you and shipping my laser to a forum vet who will diagnose the problem. If the diode needs to be replaced, you can pay him directly if you feel that's the right thing to do. If you don't want to pay him, then so be it and I'll cover the cost myself.

Who is this vet? I am guessing that the laser is working and you figured out how to put the batteries in right. Like you told me on the phone it was working completely throughout your 15 minute torture test until you took the batteries out, then you put the batteries in wrong and it didn't work.

I haven't seen the laser so I can't diagnose or fix the problem. Thank you for wiping your hands of having me "fix" it.

Who is this vet? I am guessing that the laser is working and you figured out how to put the batteries in right. Like you told me on the phone it was working completely throughout your 15 minute torture test until you took the batteries out, then you put the batteries in wrong and it didn't work.

I haven't seen the laser so I can't diagnose or fix the problem. Thank you for wiping your hands of having me "fix" it.

I already told you on the phone that I tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in several times like you suggested to make sure it wasn't a battery issue.

Also, the "15 minute torture test" was actually a 10-minute LPM test that you said would be cool to do since I could post the graph on your sales thread.

I offered you an additional $30 to do a quick exchange. When you refused that, I asked you several times for a price quote to replace the diode or driver. You ignored me until you noticed all the negative reps you were receiving. When you finally replied, you still didn't give me a price quote and just told me to give the laser to your friend. This leads me to believe that you would have held my repaired laser hostage until I paid you an outrageous amount. :yabbmad:

I already told you on the phone that I tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in several times like you suggested to make sure it wasn't a battery issue.

Also, the "15 minute torture test" was actually a 10-minute LPM test that you said would be cool to do since I could post the graph on your sales thread.

I offered you an additional $30 to do a quick exchange. When you refused that, I asked you several times for a price quote to replace the diode or driver. You ignored me until you noticed all the negative reps you were receiving. When you finally replied, you still didn't give me a price quote and just told me to give the laser to your friend. This leads me to believe that you would have held my repaired laser hostage until I paid you an outrageous amount. :yabbmad:

I told you I would repair it for free from the very beginning. It was your abuse of the laser diode after you claimed to be a 5 year laser veteran that I was unhappy about. I had never intended for someone to turn on the laser and let it fry for 80 minutes of lasing non-stop.

And for those of you nay-sayers out there saying this was intentional.. REALLY? I am going to claim all my lasers can run until they get RED HOT and burn out? SERIOUSLY?
Thats a wonderful business plan, sell perfectly good lasers with a worthless guarantee that no one is really interested in the first place and then have the laser die right off the bat. I am sure to get a lot of repeat customers.
Give me a little credit here..

I am now offering to repair the laser for free and provide one of my own diodes.

Btw, I never ignored you. Having one day pass without getting a PM answer is not being ignored.

Not quoting you a price leads you to believe I would hold the laser for ransom?

I told you I didn't know what was wrong with the laser yet but I would repair it for free, I didn't want to eat the cost of buying another diode when you the "five year laser veteran" knew it was getting hot to the touch but let it keep frying.

Btw, who is this laser vet that is going to be repairing the laser?

Last edited:

daguin

It is obvious that the seller/buyer trust is broken here. Instead of fighting about it, let the process in motion play out.

Stop accusing, defending, and attacking.

Continuing drama will simply be shut down ;)

Peace,
dave

JLSE

I had never intended for someone to turn on the laser and let it fry for 80 minutes of lasing non-stop.

I am selling 1.8A (approximately 1.8W) 445nm lasers that can run for 80 minutes of total runtime.
Check out my signature for the sales thread.

Last edited by Sparkles; 03-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

post #12 http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/w...operation-30mins-plus-battery-life-61693.html

Originally read :

I am selling 1.8A (approximately 1.8W) 445nm lasers that can run non-stop for 80 minutes.
Check out my signature for the sales thread.

:thinking:

Which one is it? It still appears that you are beating around the bush... You have gone
back and edited all sorts of posts, and the story keeps on changing....

Being caught in more lies is not helping you.

Last edited: