Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Free: "Wandering box of laser goods" USA only

Re: Free: "Wandering box of laser junk" USA only

Vets--- JM and BlubonicChronic I appreciate you joining the Noob box of wandering stuff Adam sorry almost forgot you I was hoping for a few more noobs but hey still have nine days till cut off

There's one person that wants to opt out of the list. It's certainly ok to do so but still we hate to see it happen. In this case I will just shift everyone up one slot unless someone convinces everyone I should do it another way. It's Greenlander's spot. He's had a change in circumstances and feels he would be less of a contributor than before. While I appreciate the reason I don't feel it's necessary everyone must make some sort of huge or great contribution. That said, I will be removing his name from the list at his request and plan to shift everyone up one in the next 24 hours. I'll wait till then just in case someone has a better idea on what to do in this circumstance. If I don't get any better ideas or a consensus on what should be done otherwise I will go with my solution. Until then, feel free to post or PM what you think should be done with his slot. I even mention this because there were a few people asking about getting in earlier so they could put some cool stuff in they had (there was more than just Adam BTW, they were done in a PM to me).

Hope all is well with everyone. Me, I'm getting my but kicked around pretty hard tonight at work. Is it a full kino now or something? Something funky is in the air tonight, that's for certain. Crazy sick people coming to the ER for the spring time. Not sure what's going on but I am ready for this crap to pass.....

Cool decals Adam...I've got some thoughts I'll share later, gotta get back to the grind now....

Paul, yes I saw the post on the Ti host. Thanks for the info. That makes for some interesting design concepts I could think of that would make an interesting thread topic. Will comment more later and even may start a thread on this. Thanks for doing that research.

Jeff, moving everyone up a slot seems like a good solution to me. That is unless you want to just move me into his spot. ;) See. I'm a part of it too. Just kidding. Take care, and whatever you decide is okay with me.

Last edited:
Changed the title slighly, this is a test post to see if it stuck to every new post....

Yeah, can't remember if it was a Livingloud or Flamingpyro that suggested that the title might incinuate that ost really junk andit may encourage people to put junk in it. Given the current list and the feedback I've gotten from each of you I doubt that will be the case, but the more I thought about it I felt the title should represent the effort. Probably more of a formality than reality. Nevertheless, I like the new title better.

Lastly, an update: found something else today I think I will have just enough to let everyone have some on the list. Not gonna say what it is but, it's something I've given away elsewhere at LPM that those who got it were pretty happy to have it. Otherwise, the box is about half full and just waiting for me to get some stuff in the mail and then go dig through my last couple of stash places to get some things I've been planning on adding. I think it should be a great starting box.

Cheers,
JM

Last edited:
Regret giving up the first spot now Issac? :eg: :eg: :eg: :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

You know they make a large flat rate box that would fit an entire AR-15 if it were disassembled.

I'm gonna hijack my own thread here for a second since we are on this topic. I have a good friend who recently got his series 7 FFL to manufacture firearms. He's a gun nut like me and owns a large machining operation that primarily provides machine work for Halliburton and other drilling companies for their lateral drilling operations. Since he had all of the means to build firearms he decided to get a license and just recently got it finalized. He is allowing me to work on a couple of designs and one of my ideas is being worked on CAD right now. It's a built in laser sight on an AR upper. It's pretty simple really, just the addition of a housing extended out at about 10 o'clock looking down the barrel from the rear of the gun (2 o'clock if your being aimed at). The receiver with this housing extension is machined from billet 7072 and will only come out where the beam is 10mm over a standard or magpul type handgard. For a prototype I just deconstructed a cheap Chinese green aiming device (which incidentally has 80mW output with only 5mW IR) and used its inner bore size and the guts that adjust the beam. Will drop them into the extension/housing to see how it performs. Hopefully in a couple months I'll have a working prototype that will get its own review here somewhere. Maybe on the next box I'll include a few of these stripped uppers :)

Count me in on that next box....spot 1 :eg:

I've already got one of these with your name in it in the planning.

Livingloud, did you ever make one of those Lumia's? I remember you had one for sale on your thread. Just curious as I just pulled the coolest 1950's style steampunk looking drive motors out of some scrapped lab equipment I think will make many Lumia fans jealous. Thread reviewing this in the works. I'll shoot you a link later if you want.

Since you've got a bunch of laser stuff you're donating to the box and there's limited room inside I am putting a box of goods inside the box with your name on it. What would help me very much is to know the volume your stuff might require. Let me know if you can. I'm going to spend some time digging this afternoon and I've already got the box nearly half full.

Also, Adam's decals should make it to me before I send the box, but if they don't make it I am planning on mailing them directly to you as soon as they arrive here. I would have had him mail them directly to you but I want one of them for myself :)

Cheers!
JM

The decals should arrive on Monday :yh: I'll PM you the tracking number. At least two of them are for you Jeff; the one you said you liked + the one you suggested ;)

Jeff, just fill your box, don't worry about space. I'll take out the box or whatever you label for me and if I need to send the next person (Dave or Issac, I forget who is next) two boxes (i.e. the original large box and like a small box) then I will do so.

Glad I got my name on one. When you told me about them I was drooling. The other prototypes sounded KA as well but I'll let you unveil all the info on them :beer:
Let me know on the lumia thing. I got a kit from Hak, was a motor and I wired it up to work. He included two blubs but you can secure anything glass to the motor for it to work. Obviously the glass can't but smooth plate glass

I think so but since you're asking there must have been something I missed in one. Was there something needing my attention or response to? I'll try to go back through them and figure out what I missed but if it's important you might just want to email me.

FWIW, I get emails much faster than PM's due to the way my iPhone works. You can use the forum tool to email me through the forum if you don't have it already. That goes for everyone viewing this post.

Thanks,
JM