Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"First Look" at The 500mW Mitsubishi ML501P73 635nm/638nm diode is in.!

rhd

They can be, you just have to find the right ones.
Some have much worse emitters like 100 to 1 vs i think the current 40 to 1.
So yea i get 1W but its much worse than the current diodes.
Plus the price is around 70$ for the one im looking at.

$70 1W C-Mount RED ?

Care to share?

Not my supplier to share. but i will ask if he minds me sharing.
Worst come to worst after i get my test unit if it works well i will try to run a GB if he does not want me sharing.
But eh emitter is larger than the 300mw diodes that is for sure.
Also i might need to run a GB just to get the test units.
They dont want to sell me just 1...
Almost the same Beam Divergence almost better in one direction.

Last edited:

ped

$70 1W C-Mount RED ?

Care to share?

Not my supplier to share. but i will ask if he minds me sharing.
Worst come to worst after i get my test unit if it works well i will try to run a GB if he does not want me sharing.
But eh emitter is larger than the 300mw diodes that is for sure.
Also i might need to run a GB just to get the test units.
They dont want to sell me just 1...
Almost the same Beam Divergence almost better in one direction.

That would be a NO

Last edited:
1W 635nm diodes for 70$.:eek: If you can get these at this price that would be amazing.

Not to mention the cheapest they go for now is ~300$ with FAC.

I take that these 70$ 635nm diode will not have a FAC.?

Even with FAC IMO there not worth the 300$ price tag but for 70$ you sure got me Excited.

MOST if not all C-Mount 635nm diodes with FAC or not have Nasty Artifacts or wings that extend out a couple feet on each side when collimated. Iam not sure what causes this but if you noticed on the 300mW Mitsubishi and even the 500mW Mitsubishi's they have a nasty tail that hangs down off the dot/spot.

I know that these C Mount 635nm diode like to run supper cool ~5C. Any less usually will cause condensation. This can give you way better efficiency and less WL shift. The C mounts 635nm diodes also Likes to shift WL to the Middle of ~645nm when they warm up. Not good for Handheld unless tec cooled. Even a Large heatsink wont help much.

If you can get these What will be the GB Minimum we would have to get to get the $70 price.?

Ill still be in for a couple.:beer:

there is no FAC and im an unsure about the output.
It would be a very fat beam and would need correction optics.

there is no FAC and im an unsure about the output.
It would be a very fat beam and would need correction optics.

It would be a fun Project. Ill still be in for 2. How many would we need to get to get a GB going.?

awaiting more info on them, there is no emitter size listed or currents just power and nm.
But adding a FAC will make them very expensive without FAC they are less there is a post on PL with some c mounts that were 500mw 635nm with fac and i think they were around 228$

$70 1W C-Mount RED ?

Care to share?

I don't know the price, but wasn't that how Jetlasers was offering ~1W red portables? They disappeared from he group buy, but at one time they were there because I asked about them and I think that is what Gray said...

I'm going to go look.

EDIT: I guess he didn't SAY it was a C mount. But it was 650nm / 800mW

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/jetlasers-gb-7-now-ongoing-lqqk-70494.html#post1031783

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/jetlasers-gb-7-now-ongoing-lqqk-70494.html#post1033811

Jetlasers said:
Regarding the 650nm 800mw, we uses a 1w diode from a Chinese supplier and the beam profile is rectangular and the divergence is around 2.0mrad. I guess the 'chip' in the diode are all made in US.

Last edited:
So for now is the Mitsubishi ML520G71 diode still the strongest diode i can find at 638nm?