Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser build (red) inst working

reloader45

Hello,

I killed two pen laser pointers, because the Driver had a reverse polarity compared to the blue laser pointer. But nobody mentioned it when i bought the laser pen.

Maybe your Diode is nearly dead and runs in the low LED mode.

best regrads

Edgar

DTR

Oh no.:cry: I a am pretty sure it is toast. Two Li-ions in series are up to 8.4V when fully charged which is too much for the unit and it looks like it is no longer lasing with that blank area dividing up that the faint line output . That unit with driver is 2.5V-6V input. If going battery powered just a single Li-ion would have been the way to go. With the diode is being case negative it is paired with the Flexdrive which I know can work in a continuous negative configuration.

Was a little worried at first and and I double checked the listing to be sure before posting back that I did not have an error on the listing as I have been changing a lot of stuff lately but it is right.

Anyway never like seeing a first build go bad so just cover shipping and I will shoot you out another head with driver attached. Reuse your glass lens, copper hollow back and back half and remember to drop down to a single LI-ion. Maybe an 18650 will work if your build had those two cells end to end inn series,🍺