Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally!!! LASOS argon laser!!!!

diachi

yes they rotate when I rotate head

Must be the optics on the head then!

Are there any optics in the head other than the HR/OC mirrors on the tube?

Looks like interference patterns caused by gunk (that is in fact the technical term for contaminants ;)) on the optics. Gunk on the outside of the OC. Perhaps the cleaning method you used left streaks on the OC mirror which have resulted in this interference pattern? If the pattern wasn't there before cleaning then it's most likely that.

Last edited:

9A3DAA

There is no other optic in laser head except HR and OC, I cleaned OC and same.
I would love that you guys with argon laser make same experiment and see what you get..
Maybe single line argon don't have this. I dont know...
I am litle disapointed:yabbem::yabbem:

Last edited:

9A3DAA

yes they rotate when I rotate head

:oops:I am so stupid... they DON'T ROTATE
It was misunderstood:thinking:

Lines are always vertical no matter I rotate LASER head, or optic or mirror...

Sorry

Last edited:

diachi

:oops:I am so stupid... they DON'T ROTATE
It was misunderstood:thinking:

Lines are always vertical no matter I rotate LASER head, or optic or mirror...

Sorry

So what optics are you not rotating? That would be the source of your interference pattern.

Last edited:

9A3DAA

So what optics are you not rotating? That would be the source of your interference pattern.

when I don't rotate mirror or expanding optic, then I rotate head.
and when I rotate mirror or expanding optic, I don't touch head.
I tried all possible combination. I rotate head, and my brother rotate optic so that
rotate all at once in all direction, always lines are vertical position.
Ther is no interference at all, they are perfectly parallel.

Mystery :scared:

Last edited:

diachi

when I don't rotate mirror or expanding optic, then I rotate head.
and when I rotate mirror or expanding optic, I don't touch head.
I tried all possible combination. I rotate head, and my brother rotate optic so that
rotate all at once in all direction, always lines are vertical position.
Ther is no interference at all, they are perfectly parallel.

Mystery :scared:

What about the prism?

9A3DAA

I found problem. It is mirror! I remove mirror and lines disappeared
But still mystery why perfectly parallel lines no matter when I rotate.

I hope you don't mind diachi. It was misunderstand, I am just tired it's 11:00 p.m.
I am going to sleep. See ya tomorrow
And thanks for help!

Well, that was interesting. Wasn't here for any of it. I thought it unusual that the interference lines were so evenly spaced throughout the entire expanded beam.

diachi

Well, that was interesting. Wasn't here for any of it. I thought it unusual that the interference lines were so evenly spaced throughout the entire expanded beam.

Was thinking the same.

9A3DAA, is it a first surface mirror or a plain old second surface mirror?

fs-diagram-1_original.jpg

Note: You can have internal reflections with the rear surface mirror, though the diagram doesn't show that.

Last edited:

9A3DAA

Was thinking the same.

9A3DAA, is it a first surface mirror or a plain old rear surface mirror?

fs-diagram-1_original.jpg

It is rear surface mirror

Everything perfect clear now. Thanks for help. :thanks:

Last edited:

diachi

Everything perfect clear now. Thanks for help. :thanks:

Yup, that's likely what was causing it and why the lines weren't rotating when you rotated the mirror.

Also, please avoid double posting. You can edit your last post to update it. If you want to respond to multiple people you can use the multi-quote button. :beer:

vk2fro

Wow, you got VK2FRO to post. 73, DE KL7FB.

hehe yes I am still active on these forums, and often here in the gas lasers section, or the laser show section, or checking out the diode sections to see who the new kid (diode) is on the block.

On the subject of not posting much, I've other hobbies I enjoy as well as lasers, and presently the laser budget is a bit thin after having bought a flying camera (drone). I don't need another pointer (happy with my 520nm unit), and would really like to get one of my projectors up and running. I've got my eye on a set of lasers for one of them from a particular seller on ebay that states the spot of the beam is 2mm, which will fit onto my DT40W's without spilling off the sides, and I'll have paypal protection should the seller be telling fibs about the spot size (downside of purchasing the DT40W's with their small mirror size.).

Again with my argon, its just an expensive toy to me - but mine came with 2500 hours on the clock, the cool remote, and is a hot tube - it does around 378mW at full current. It took 3 tubes to get a working one. On the second tube, I got a PayPal refund as it was poorly packaged, but the first one simply won't light off. Right now I have no place to set it up, so it hides under the workbench out of the way, but still gets a montly run for an hour under there. Theres plenty of room around it for ventilation, and I can leave the beam shutter closed so it doesn't reflect off my TV cabinet etc. Once I make some room for it, and get a PCAOM, I'll put a video of it up doing a light show to music. I'll just use bounce mirrors to get the beam up to my scanners. Diode lasers have nothing on gas lasers when it comes to pencil thin beams for... beam shows, although optics are making diodes get quite close! Plus they consume far less power.

Last edited: