Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally first “build”!

Seffers93

Finally got my first “build” together. Not sure I can really call it that as the diode had already been pressed into a 12mm module AND the driver was already soldered and set upon arrival.. all of this thanks to DTR. Will definitely be purchasing from them again.

I got the heat sink in the mail today from Rich. Came with a battery contact/spring with leads. Tough getting it into the host (see photos) but now it's a great fit and his custom lens adjuster works great. Thanks Rich!!

NDB7875 diode, module and driver from DTR with a G8 lens.
IMG_3509.jpg

Pressing the heat sink.. used a cheater bar, snapped the handle on the clamp, busted out the channel locks to finish 😂
IMG_3517.jpg
IMG_3518.jpg
IMG_3519.jpg
IMG_3520.jpg

Instead of desoldering DTR's leads from the diode, I just soldered his and Rich's leads and used some heat shrink.
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3522.jpg

Finished product with some beams!
IMG_3523.jpg
IMG_3524.jpg
IMG_3526.jpg

Had a lot of fun doing this one. Once my drivers get in the mail, I'll be building a pen laser with a Sharp 488nm from DTR and Laser66 pen host. Can't wait!

Thanks for viewing,

Seth

Very nice. (y)
You can get Rich to make a 2nd head that's drilled and tapped all the way through so that you can lock down an infinity focus for taking out star gazing if you like, that and I also use the little thumb wheels that I drill and tap all the way through to use as retainers/nuts to lock down my infinity focus.

Also you can get Rich to do a head that's tapped for the Sanwu beam expanders so you can lock down your infinity focus and screw on the beam expander.

SANY5897.JPGSANY5908.JPG

Seffers93

Very nice. (y)
You can get Rich to make a 2nd head that's drilled and tapped all the way through so that you can lock down an infinity focus for taking out star gazing if you like, that and I also use the little thumb wheels that I drill and tap all the way through to use as retainers/nuts to lock down my infinity focus.

Also you can get Rich to do a head that's tapped for the Sanwu beam expanders so you can lock down your infinity focus and screw on the beam expander.

View attachment 76740View attachment 76741
That’s definitely something I might look into. That would be especially useful around camping season. My wife and I love going out and star gazing.

Finally got my first “build” together. Not sure I can really call it that as the diode had already been pressed into a 12mm module AND the driver was already soldered and set upon arrival.. all of this thanks to DTR. Will definitely be purchasing from them again.

I got the heat sink in the mail today from Rich. Came with a battery contact/spring with leads. Tough getting it into the host (see photos) but now it's a great fit and his custom lens adjuster works great. Thanks Rich!!

NDB7875 diode, module and driver from DTR with a G8 lens.
View attachment 76730

Pressing the heat sink.. used a cheater bar, snapped the handle on the clamp, busted out the channel locks to finish 😂
View attachment 76731
View attachment 76732
View attachment 76733
View attachment 76734

Instead of desoldering DTR's leads from the diode, I just soldered his and Rich's leads and used some heat shrink.
View attachment 76735
View attachment 76736

Finished product with some beams!
View attachment 76737
View attachment 76738
View attachment 76739

Had a lot of fun doing this one. Once my drivers get in the mail, I'll be building a pen laser with a Sharp 488nm from DTR and Laser66 pen host. Can't wait!

Thanks for viewing,

Seth
Hi,
Well done enjoy and be safe, now on to the Laser 66 pen build.
Rich:)

Hi,
If you build another host you dont need to use the entire length of leads on the Dtr modules . Cut them down a bit so they fit easier into the heat sink with theists leads.
Rich:)🤙

Seffers93

Hi,
If you build another host you dont need to use the entire length of leads on the Dtr modules . Cut them down a bit so they fit easier into the heat sink with theists leads.
Rich:)🤙
I did end up cutting them down quite a bit. I spent an embarrassing amount of time debating soldering the leads or going straight to the driver 🤦🏻‍♂️

Congratulations on your first build. It looks great. I hope you are able to enjoy building many more.