Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally Arrived! High-Power CNI 589nm Handheld! [PIC HEAVY]

benmwv

You have ordered from CNI before right, rhd?

She probably gave you a higher price because she knew you had bought before and were serious about it/had the money to buy it. I guess that's the benefit of not publicly posting prices, you can charge selectively :(

rhd

You have ordered from CNI before right, rhd?

She probably gave you a higher price because she knew you had bought before and were serious about it/had the money to buy it. I guess that's the benefit of not publicly posting prices, you can charge selectively :(

That's rather rude -.- Supposedly we got a good deal, too... how odd.

Well, we did better than the CNI groupbuy prices... but apparently if I had posed as a stranger, we might have done better.

Though at the same time, maybe our positive fortune was impacted by the fact that I was a repeat buyer.

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth :)

Last month I've been informed that the 20mW version is $540
Maybe I can even squeeze a 40mW out of them for $540?

Hmm. Interesting. That may be a guarantee of less power though - you may be getting, say, 40mW max instead of 60-80mW max. We did not pay for >20mW, we paid for >30mW. I think what you asked was answered with a reply of 30mW, not >30mW.

Hmm. So funny story. I just got up, and I had a dream about this laser, actually.

The dream was this: So my mom's boyfriend apparently was into lasers and had an Ophir head that I could use to LPM it. We were all excited, but when I turned it on, it was only outputting ~50mW. I was concerned, but I checked the battery voltage and it was sagging, so I switched it out for a new battery, one with 4.12V charge on it. Then, after putting that in, we tested it again. It was going up like crazy - was peaking at 150mW or more. But then I noticed that there was a squealing sound. The laser was literally steaming. I quickly turned it off and removed the battery (knowing the whole "pipe bomb" theory, and it turns out that the battery had a huge bulge in it, like it was about to blow. Fortunately it didn't thanks to the 1/3" thick wall of this host :p Anyway, the laser died because steam got all over the parts :(

But it was an interesting dream o_O

Wait, you kill the Laser???

Why you did that.? LOL

Last edited:
Yeah. You know something's wrong when you start dreaming about your lasers :p