Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Favorite Movies

Also any movies by Akira Kurosawa

All Terry Gilliam movies. .

Definitely man! Terry Gilliam is a legend. Fear and Loathing, Brazil, Time Bandits (quote in sig :)) and of course the Monty Python days.

From Kurosawa my personal favourite is Yojimbo (copied to the heavens) and Seven Samurai is also excellent, if a little stretched (not my opinion, friends comments).

Excellent excellent directors.

On the excellent director note, if you haven't seen it, The Killing from Kubrick, is an awesome "gangster" movie, worth watching if you don't mind B&W.

Thanks!! Check out Dreams by Kurosawa, very cool movie. I'll look for The Killing.

Cool, thanks for the tip, haven't seen Dreams yet. Last thing from Kurosawa I saw was Rashomon almost a year ago. Will check it out. This thread really brings back memories of some great movies (mostly B&W), if anyone is interested. Here is a short list:

-Metropolis (1927) - must see one of the best dystopian movies period. (like Brazil, 1984, Clockwork etc.)

-Maltese Falcon (already mentioned in a previous post)...film noir, narrated, old-school detective mystery, really worth watching.

-North by Northwest. (This is where the famous scene with the airplane and the guy running on the country road is from. One of my favourites from Hitchcock)

-Casablanca (ok cliche choice, but it is on this list for very good reason)

-Modern Times (Charlie Chaplin at his best)

(yeah I have thing for old-school movies. :whistle:)

Way too many to list, here are the ones I could think of at the moment:
Seven Pounds, Pursuit of Happiness, Gran Torino, District 9, I Am Legend, Titanic, Ladder 49, the Star Wars movies, The Matrix, Iron Man, Pirates of the Caribbean, Zombieland, Harry Potter movies (can't forget them lol), and many more I just can't remember right now.

I'm surprised most of you liked Gran Torino. Dont get me wrong, great movie. But its kind of an old guy movie. The only part I didnt like was when he died, and fell in a position like he was Christ. I thought that was corny. The movie was great, they didnt need to dramatize his death that much. I was already crying.

Gata

Monty Python is definitely my favorite comedy troop of all time. Flying Circus (all seasons), Holy Grail, and Life of Brian are the only ones I really enjoyed from them.

John Cleese is one of my favorite actors. He was great in the Python days but kinda dropped off recently, like when he did the new Pink Pather movies, which were horrible and did no justice to the original ones.

He's an old man now. He was great as Q in the Bond movies. But there is no comic relief in the newer 007 flicks. :undecided:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. T2: Judgment Day
4. The Abyss
5. Ghost in the Shell
6. Event Horizon
7. Office Space
8. Das Boot
9. The Fifth Element
10.The Matrix

Gata

One scene from the movie Toxic Avenger was very disturbing and just wrong. But the rest of the movie was full of gore and gruesome deaths, although it wasn't all that great of effects in my opinion.

If you like gore watch that movie.

One scene from the movie Toxic Avenger was very disturbing and just wrong. But the rest of the movie was full of gore and gruesome deaths, although it wasn't all that great of effects in my opinion.

If you like gore watch that movie.

Thats not gore, just bad effects LOL.

If you want gore check out..Cannibal holocaust.

"Cannibal Holocaust is a well known exploitation film because of the controversy following its release. After premiering in Italy, the film was seized by a local magistrate, and Deodato was arrested on obscenity charges. He was later accused of making a snuff film due to rumors which claimed that certain actors were killed on camera. Although Deodato was later cleared of these charges, the film was banned in Italy, the UK, Australia, and several other countries due to its graphic depiction of gore, sexual violence, and the inclusion of six genuine animal deaths. Many nations have since revoked the ban, yet the film is still barred in several countries."

Gata

I have heard of that movie but never have watched it. That will go on the weekend movie list for sure.

Has anyone seen the Exorcist? I have watched bits of the movie online and don't see what was so horrible and scary about it. I am going to rent that one also.

roosl

When it was released, The Excorcist was on top of that game. It was good. Linda Blair was a *fail* after that. The sequels were lame. The score made the artist top 40 for awhile with his "Tubular Bells".

That reminds me of a couple of other thrillers that were great for their time: Rosemary's Baby and Wait Until Dark.

----------
Classic chase films: Bullet, The French Connection.