Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fake craigslist ad. :(

Ok so one of my friends is trying to pull a prank on me and now its kind of getting old. He put multiple ads on craigslist about me selling an iphone and other stuff for dirt cheep. My phone wont stop ringing constantly, its really annoying. Any ideas? :bowdown:

Just tell him that, in the end, someone made a really good offer and you agreed to sell it.

Also, do the same to him, but multiplied by 10.

I dont quite get what your saying. And i dont know which friend of mine it is doing it.
Just tell him that, in the end, someone made a really good offer and you agreed to sell it.

Also, do the same to him, but multiplied by 10.

Don't get angry, get even, find out who it is, add his Email to Gay dating sites, send embarrasing free samples to his house, Put ads in the lonely hearts section, be as inventive as you can ;)

I like this answer :eg:

Don't get angry, get even, find out who it is, add his Email to Gay dating sites, send embarrasing free samples to his house, Put ads in the lonely hearts section, be as inventive as you can ;)

I guess your right about that. At first it was funny as a little prank. but they took it too far. They just keep posting stuff.
You need to work on your definition of "friend." ;)

Peace,
dave

Your a genius! :wave:
I cant wait to find out who it is!

HIMNL9

Uhm, it may be the devilish part that sleep in me, but, knowing the identity of the pranker ..... what about sending a cheap item, like, from DX "intimate gadgets" section or similar, to the address of, say, his GF, addressed like:

Mr xxxxxxxx
C/O Mrs xxxxxxx
etc ......

..... i know, i know, there's a bastard sleeping somewhere inside me :p :crackup: ..... j/k :p :D

Any way craigslist can help you track down the original IP addy?
I believe this constitutes identity fraud and is therefore a felony.
This person doesn't sound like someone you want to hang around very much, pretty malicious instead of funny.
You lay down with dogs, you get fleas...
I'm one to stomp my own snakes but if you can't, get some professional help.
I have no problem laughing about a great prank but this is too far. Let it slip that you have contacted that authorities, if it continues... Make the call ;)
Hope you get it sorted bro! Best of luck.

If/when you find out who it is, make up a girl on Facebook/MySpace or whatever, and make a friend request. Say she knew/saw him out with some friends somewhere that's believable.

Start chatting with him. Find some pics of a cute girl online, (look in a deep obscure place so he won't find them, or use pics of a cute female cousin of yours or whatnot cropped out of a holiday photo etc...)

Don't give too much, if/when he asks for more, just say "she" is worried about pics getting around online, how mean kids can be etc.

Then chat a lot, string him along, then finally offer to meet somewhere for a "date". Have you and all your friends be there when he shows up, point fingers, and laugh.

daguin

”Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.”—Cale Yarborough

Deal with getting the ads turned off, deal with Craig's list for this (or the police if needed), and then go build a laser.

YOU get to choose how your time, energy, and money is spent. Don't let him choose for you. None of those three things are unlimited. Spend them wisely

Peace,
dave