Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FAIL THREAD!!!!

I have family in and around Joliet. I'd like to convince them to move out of Democratic People's Republic of [strike]Korea[/strike] Illinois before the Gestapo fully takes over the state.

I guess you can't line out text here. :(

Last edited:

1226994.gif

Last edited:
Idiot # 1
I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the
poison control center. Today, this woman called in very upset because
she caught her little daughter eating ants. I quickly reassured her that
the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter
into the hospital. She calmed down, and at the end of the conversation
happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in
order to kill the ants. I told her that she better bring her daughter
into the Emergency room right away.

Idiot # 3 - A true story out of San Francisco:
A man, wanting to rob a downtown Bank of America, walked into the branch
and wrote "this iz a stikkup. Put all your muny in this bag." While
standing in line, waiting to give his note to the teller, he began to
worry that someone had seen him write the note and might call the police
before he reached the teller's window. So he left the Bank of America
and crossed the street to Wells Fargo.

After waiting a few minutes in line, he handed his note to the Wells
Fargo teller. She read it and, surmising from his spelling errors that
he wasn't the brightest light in the harbor, told him that she could not
accept his stickup note because it was written on a Bank of America deposit
slip and that he would either have to fill out a Wells Fargo deposit slip
or go back to Bank of America.

Looking somewhat defeated, the man said, "OK" and left. He was arrested
a few minutes later, as he was waiting in line back at Bank of America.

Idiot # 5
Guy walked into a little corner store with a shotgun and demanded all the
cash from the cash drawer. After the cashier put the cash in a bag, the
robber saw a bottle of scotch that he wanted behind the counter on the
shelf. He told the cashier to put it in the bag as well, but the cashier
refused and said, "Because I don't believe you are over 21." The robber
said he was, but the clerk still refused to give it to him because he
didn't believe him.

At this point the robber took his driver's license out of his wallet and
gave it to the clerk. The clerk looked it over, agreed that the man was
in fact over 21 and he put the scotch in the bag. The robber then ran from
the store with his loot. The cashier promptly called the police and gave the
name and address of the robber that he got off the license. They
arrested the robber two hours later.

~ LB

(AP) Calif. Sheriff's deputies shoot, kill 13-year-old
SANTA ROSA, Calif.
Northern California sheriff's deputies shot and killed a 13-year-old boy who was carrying a replica assault rifle after repeatedly telling him to drop it, sheriff's officials and family members said.

California Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old

Meanwhile;

A Woodbridge woman was arrested after she shot a handgun into the air to scare off a group of boys who were attacking her daughter.

Lakisha Gaither, 35, said she fired a single round into the sky from her legally registered gun Saturday night after a boy punched her daughter in the face during a dispute near their home.

“I just wanted this group of guys to disperse,” Ms. Gaither said. “I didn’t know what they were going to do. I wanted him to stop hitting my child.”

The shooting occurred at 9:20 p.m. in the 13600 block of Cridercrest Place. After confronting a teenage girl and her mother in the neighborhood over a prior disagreement, Ms. Gaither and her 15-year-old daughter, Brianna Stewart, began walking home. A group of about 10 boys approached them in the parking lot of their apartment complex. One boy began to swear and insult Ms. Gaither and her daughter, who stood up to the boy.
“The two were face to face,” Ms. Gaither said. “He grabs her shirt, she goes to push him off her.”

Ms. Gaither said she realized she’d be putting the both of them at risk if she jumped into the fray.

“I stopped and turned to walk to the middle of the parking lot. I made sure no one was around me,” she said. “I unholstered my gun, pointed it straight in the air and fired just one shot to get him off my child.”

Ms. Gaither said she didn’t try to get away, and police eventually arrived.

“I didn’t feel like I was wrong,” she said. “I wanted to protect my child.”
But officers arrested her and charged her with reckless use of a weapon.

Prince William County police spokesman Officer Jonathan L. Perok said Ms. Gaither “should have called police instead of taking matters into her own hands.”
“You can’t fire into the air,” Officer Perok said. “Once something goes up, it comes down. There’s the possibility of causing property damage, injuring someone or killing someone. In an apartment complex, the odds of that bullet coming down and striking something are very high.”

No injuries or property damage were reported after the incident, but Officer Perok said police do not encourage confrontation and urge gun owners to use their weapons only in what they perceive to be life-threatening situations.

Va. mom charged after firing gun into air to scare off daughter's attackers - Washington Times

So it's ok for cops to gun down a dumb kid, but if a mother protects her daughter, and does so without hurting anyone, that's a crime.

10 to one odds? What else was she do? Wait 15min to 1/2 an hour for the Police to show up? The boy is lucky that Mom didn't shoot him in the face.

~ LB

10 to one odds? What else was she do? Wait 15min to 1/2 an hour for the Police to show up? The boy is lucky that Mom didn't shoot him in the face.

~ LB

I guess "legally" she should have moved into the middle of the pack, turned to the assailants, and then proceed to shoot.

She just needs to be VERY careful not to shoot anyone in the back.

Then should could argue self defense. I mean certainly a physical altrecation was already in progress, and she along with her daughter were badly outnumbered.

Personally I feel she showed an extreme amount of self control given the circumstances.

~ LB

Sadly, I know details of this case. It's a tough call. I have a boy his age, too. :undecided:

Were they in range to use tasers?

I don't know the details of the case, not the specifics, but what I've found so far leads to believe it was another case of cops reacting thoughtlessly.

So apparently this guy;

131023-pepperspray-uc-hmed-1052p.photoblog600.jpg

Is getting $38,000 in worker's compensation for psychiatric damage he claimed to have suffered from the 2011 incident.

Meanwhile Yolo County District Attorney's office determined there were no grounds on which to bring a case against that officer or or any of the others.

Make one wonder what they would have determined if it was a cop being sprayed, as opposed to some peacefully protesting students :mad:

I think his address and phone # has been thoroughly distributed by this time :thinking:

~ LB

I think his address and phone # has been thoroughly distributed by this time :thinking:

~ LB

They changed. He did get quite a few calls, emails, and letters apparently though :shhh:

Hopefully the good folks over at anonymous can get the updated information so us curious people can give him a call to find out what exactly he suffered from. Enquiring minds want to now :)