Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Explanation of every part of a laser

bonesredz

Hey everyone, I want to know everything thats inside a laser pointer to make it a laser, if anyone could send some youtube guide explaining what everypart is and how it works. Or just write the knowledge you know here!

Thank you guys!

Tentoa

LoLoL, that's hilarious...
This is my first post here, by the way. The perfect thread for it, because I am BRAND NEW to "this" side of the hobby (the meat & potatoes "how & why" side), even though I've been playing with them for years.
I've been lurking here for a few weeks, & have been joined a few days. I'm ALSO a member of other forums, & the one thing every one of them has in common is lament for the total noob, & their inevitable stupid questions. But I'm now in a dilemma, because unlike the other forums where I've joined with significant knowledge of the topic, here I have NOT. I would like nothing more than to reference wavelength as opposed to "uhhh...the blue one...no, no, the darker blue one..." & be able to speak to the "drivers," but alas....I am a total noob. So with the web as my oyster, I've opted to join a community whose sole interest coincides with mine, with the wholehearted intention of gleaning enough knowledge FROM them to keep up & be accepted BY them.
As such, I got excited when I saw this thread, because I thought maybe one of you pros put together a little 101 for the lowliest of us, LoL. Google & wikipedia are great for harvesting droves of results, but...why not go straight to the experts?
I'm not one to muck up a board with new threads asking easy to answer questions, so maybe if you top guys know of good places for a complete rookie to start (what was YOUR first book, what piece of equipment did you use that made it all finally click for YOU, etc), you can post it here, & then when the basics are nice & covered, I'll coalesce it all into a "welcome to the hobby/lasers 101" thread that everyone can reference when pointing future noobs in the direction of the basics, as I'd LOVE to be able to contribute to this awesome little forum, but alas... I am a total noob...

Thank you all in advance

Attachments

• 1683429528964214.jpg
    1683429528964214.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Tentoa

LoL, not even 10mins after posting this, I see another member made a "bible" thread that's very informative...

Krrakt

This is my first post here, by the way. The perfect thread for it, because I am BRAND NEW to "this" side of the hobby (the meat & potatoes "how & why" side), even though I've been playing with them for years.
I've been lurking here for a few weeks, & have been joined a few days. I'm ALSO a member of other forums, & the one thing every one of them has in common is lament for the total noob, & their inevitable stupid questions. But I'm now in a dilemma, because unlike the other forums where I've joined with significant knowledge of the topic, here I have NOT. I would like nothing more than to reference wavelength as opposed to "uhhh...the blue one...no, no, the darker blue one..." & be able to speak to the "drivers," but alas....I am a total noob. So with the web as my oyster, I've opted to join a community whose sole interest coincides with mine, with the wholehearted intention of gleaning enough knowledge FROM them to keep up & be accepted BY them.
As such, I got excited when I saw this thread, because I thought maybe one of you pros put together a little 101 for the lowliest of us, LoL. Google & wikipedia are great for harvesting droves of results, but...why not go straight to the experts?
I'm not one to muck up a board with new threads asking easy to answer questions, so maybe if you top guys know of good places for a complete rookie to start (what was YOUR first book, what piece of equipment did you use that made it all finally click for YOU, etc), you can post it here, & then when the basics are nice & covered, I'll coalesce it all into a "welcome to the hobby/lasers 101" thread that everyone can reference when pointing future noobs in the direction of the basics, as I'd LOVE to be able to contribute to this awesome little forum, but alas... I am a total noob...

Thank you all in advance
I’m in the same boat. I want to build a laser but have very little understanding of this type of electronics. Lol
Thanks for the reply, I hope someone answers.

sunnyprot

Thank you all in advance I'm definitely interested in this question as well. So, thanks for the explanation. I recently wrote an article on a similar topic. And it seems to me that to realize such projects you need to have expert knowledge. That's why I'm used to entrusting complex work to professionals from nursing essay writing services that I've known for over a year. For all the time I have been working with this company, I was convinced of the high professionalism and service of the whole team.
I'm definitely interested in this question as well.

Last edited: