Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Alternative Sites for US Buyers

I think it is about time we make a thread listing the alternative websites to buy from instead of DX for US buyers. If you didn't know already, DX doesn't ship lasers over 5mW to the US anymore. If any of you know of any alternative sites that sell the same lasers DX sells, feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list.

White prices indicate that the laser is the same as the one DX sells.
Yellow prices indicate that the laser is not the exact same as the one DX sells but it is very similar.
Red prices indicate the laser has received many bad reviews.
Blue prices indicate the laser is actually a better deal than DX.

Red Lasers

200mW Focusable (Dilda) $40.93
O-Like 200mW $45.99 (Comes with batteries + charger)

Green Lasers

True 5mW $11.99
LED Shoppe 5mW $12.99review
SureElectronics 5mW $13.68 + SH
BudgetGadgets 5mW $18.76

True 30mW $16.37
LED Shoppe 30mW $19.99
SureElectronics 30mW $19.75 + SH
FocalPrice 30mW $13.69

Kaleidoscopic 30mW $18.98
BudgetGadgets Kaleidoscopic 30mW $27.35 review
FocalPrice 30mW Kaleidoscopic $14.62

True 50mW $20.90
LED Shoppe 50mW $24.99 review
Budgetgadgets 50mW $28.75
Focal Price 50mW $17.55 review[/size]

30mW Flashlight Style $22.91
BudgetGadgets 30mW/50mW $25.21 review

Romisen L-A030 30mW $20.34
QCG Romisen L-A030 20mW $25.39

50mW Bottle Laser (AKA 'Ye Flask') $32.28
FocalPrice 50mW $21.94 review

This is just a start, if you know of any links to DX alternatives please post them and I'll add them to the list.

Also, does anybody know of any other sites that sell the Romisen lasers DX carries?

lol i still fail to see how the 30mw "flashlight style" looks anything like a flashlight...

nice write up styro [smiley=beer.gif]

daguin

drew said:
lol i still fail to see how the 30mw "flashlight style" looks anything like a flashlight...

nice write up styro [smiley=beer.gif]

"flashlight style" = bigger than "pen style" ;)

Peace,
dave

You might want to add the KD 50mW v1 I order those all day. Good quality and easily modifiable ;D

MrDave

kololaser.com

Found through Alibaba.com search for "Laser red 200mw"

They sell the same Red 200mw Burning Laser with Focusable lense that Deal Extreme does.
$42.00 US, Included 2 ea rechargable batteries and the CR2 charger and a Gift Box. minimum Order Qty.1

To the US it is $35 UPS International Express Saver (Next Day)
I ordered on Monday and had it by Thursday - It was tagged by customs, opened, inspected and still delivered, even though it had a <200mw warning lable on it and fully charged batteries with it. (Customs tag delayed delivery by 1 day).
Interesting - Kolo listed the package as an LED Flashlight with Charger.
Cons: Uses Western Union - They charge $18.00 US when sending to China. Overall, out of pocket, I spent $95 for the setup with charger and batteries.

MrDave said:
kololaser.com

Found through Alibaba.com search for "Laser red 200mw"

They sell the same Red 200mw Burning Laser with Focusable lense that Deal Extreme does.
$42.00 US, Included 2 ea rechargable batteries and the CR2 charger and a Gift Box. minimum Order Qty.1

To the US it is $35 UPS International Express Saver (Next Day)
I ordered on Monday and had it by Thursday - It was tagged by customs, opened, inspected and still delivered, even though it had a <200mw warning lable on it and fully charged batteries with it. (Customs tag delayed delivery by 1 day).
Interesting - Kolo listed the package as an LED Flashlight with Charger.
Cons: Uses Western Union - They charge $18.00 US when sending to China. Overall, out of pocket, I spent $95 for the setup with charger and batteries.
You should of saved that order for Susies shop at o-like. :)

can you change the color of the yellow or of the green? i think that these are too similar color.for yellow you could use blue... ..pink... excuse me!but in my lcd the difference of these color(yell and gre) is not very visible... and is better to have best visibility.

however... it is a GREAT post.  a good think!i hopw this will be update..........mby every lpf member!!!!!! one of the most important thread on lpforum!!!!!!in my opimion! :) i give you a rep+.....
however BudgetGadgets Kaleidoscopic 30mW $20.75 is WRONG. at 20.75 you get the 20mw. at 27.35 the 30mw... :) check it

realista said:
can you change the color of the yellow or of the green? i think that these are too similar color.for yellow you could use blue... ..pink... excuse me!but in my lcd the difference of these color(yell and gre) is not very visible... and is better to have best visibility.

however... it is a GREAT post.  a good think!i hopw this will be update..........mby every lpf member!!!!!! one of the most important thread on lpforum!!!!!!in my opimion! :) i give you a rep+.....
however BudgetGadgets Kaleidoscopic 30mW $20.75 is WRONG. at 20.75 you get the 20mw. at 27.35 the 30mw... :) check it
Thanks for the rep! I'm surprised that green and yellow are hard to tell apart, they are very easy to tell apart on my computer. I'll change one of the colors.

BudgetGadgets just changed the price on the kaleidoscopic green, when I wrote this post it used to be 30mW for $20.75.

Cool

thank you so much for posting those links, Im going to order some on Friday. i like that "flashlight style host" from budgetgadgets

not bad prices either

BuildAbluraylaser said:
Do the LED shoppe laser pointers have IR filters? :-?
Probably not, but it's nothing to freak out about. You should worry more about the green output than a little IR leakage. The IR usually stays pretty close to the main beam of green so you shouldn't get IR exposure unless you point the laser in your eye, and then you have more to worry about than some IR exposure. :D

Good idea man, I'll start contributing next time I lurk those other sites :)

MrDave

Well, if I had known about laserpointerforums before I bought from Kolo laser then I would have purchased from O-Like, especially I'd have gone for the new version with the much more stable focus assembly.

Well, maybe if I burn this one out - LOL - I'll buy from them next time.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Dave-