Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR NDB7875 3W 445nm

Right. I definitely want something around 495nm. But I kind of want one of everything so I’ll be happy with whatever the 488 turns out to be.

I saw a “spartan” yellow-orange on here the other day that I realllyyy want. Can’t remember the wavelength but it was amazing. Although I think it might’ve been DPSS. Don’t think I could build one of those given the whole crystals thing.

Yeah, all the 589 nm and 593.5 nm lasers are all DPSS lasers. Everyone I've seen so far are case positive which means unless you isolate the module the battery will go in + toward the tail. If you get one and have any doubts PM me with the link and I can guide you through the build.

Last edited:

Seffers93

Yeah, all the 589 nm and 593.5 nm lasers are all DPSS lasers. Everyone I've seen so far are case positive which means unless you isolate the module the battery will go in + toward the tail. If you get one and have any doubts PM me with the link and I can guide you through the build.
Sounds good, appreciate that. I just saw Sanwu released a 593nm in their Pocket series. Tempting.. but I’d rather build one.

What ? My 593nm module is simply ( case + ) and board ( spring - ) so it's as simple as mounting as normal and putting your battery in with + towards the tail cap.
There is no need to isolate anything.

Yes! Just like I said here.

There is no need to isolate the module, just put the battery in with negative towards the module spring.

Something I like to do is paint the tail with red to denote + pos to the tail cap

SANY7367.JPG

Last edited:

Seffers93

What ? My 593nm module is simply ( case + ) and board ( spring - ) so it's as simple as mounting as normal and putting your battery in with + towards the tail cap.
There is no need to isolate anything.

Appreciate the input. Also thanks for posting a link. I was about to start going on a 593nm hunt.

I haven’t put much research into DPSS lasers. I think I’ve read their wavelengths can fluctuate with temperature and they typically need a little warmup time. But if it’s as easy as throwing that module into a host, I might have to order one tonight 🤔

I bypassed the push button on the board and put the module into a host I got from Rich. They are 12mm but a snug fit.
I did remove the modules spring from the driver board and soldered a wire from the modules spring connection point to the hosts springboard.
That's it, the body is the pos + so only the 1 wire to connect.

The golden yellow sunbeam is pretty but not super bright, it helps to mix just a little smoke or fog into the room air, just light a couple of wood matches and stir that tiny bit into the room air will make a big difference. I would like to have 100mw or more of this wavelength as well as 577nm.

SANY7034.JPG

Last edited: